WebDAV access from iPad

I have been using the WDMYcloud for work and personal use with daily backups.  Since the latest firmware came out it appears to be working for me fairly well (at least it is not dropping every 30 minutes like it used to).  So I have decided to try the next great adventure.  I want to be able to access files on the MyCloud from my iPad/iPhone using WebDAV.  For example if you log into the latest version of Pages or Numbers you have the ability to copy files via WebDAV.  The information needed during login is:

Server Address

User Name

Password

Has anyone tried accessing the MyCloud like this?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Curtis

Hi Curtis,

Not sure if this is going to work.

Have you tried our My Cloud app?  It will essentially do the same thing.

You can use the MyCloud App to open files by first viewing them in it and then choosing to “open in”.  This adds an extra step.  Is it possible to do it without it?  If not the app will have to do for now.  I just wanted the straight simplicity of opening them directly in the base app.

Curtis

Up! I’M also interested in this. I’ve tried a webdav plugin for total commander (windows 7) but with no luck, it just didnt connect to my device sadly :frowning:

Another issue with just using the open in function from the WD IOS Aapp.  You cannot save back to the drive the work you have done.  Again using the Numbers app as an exmaple, I can open a spreadsheet stored on the MyCloud and view it in Numbers with the Open In function.  However after making changes to it I have no way to send the file back.  All I can do is send the file to Apple’s iCloud and then pull from there when I get home or I can send to WebDAV locations.  Again it would be extremely useful if it was possible to access the MyCloud as a WebDAV.  Is there anyway to do this?

Curtis

1 Like