Very slow speed on OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Hi all,

I have a WD MyCloud 2TB and I tried to connect to it from both my Mac Book Air running OS X 10.9 Mavericks (connected both via SMB and AFP) and my Windows notebook (connected via wdmycloud.com).

Opening a folder and seeing its contents takes ages with the Mac, while with Windows it is much much faster.

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks

I second that!  It’s as if I’m going around the world and then to my office.  I also never get the “registration” email to register on the wdmycloud.com site.  I’ve been trying for days.

Been on phone with suppot for days. In the end, the latest version of OSX 10.9.1 does not communicate with My Cloud efficiently. Other issues I am having, Time Machine will not work. and lastly. The Itunes scan has to be re-run every time you start your  Mac. I am hoping WD come up with a solution before Apple creates a similar device. 

Any advice would be apprecated because WD support is scratching their headsl. If you are willing to wait two hours to get level two support you will get more head scratching. 

Same issue here.