New users cannot connect remotely

Hi to all the people on this forum. I am new here but I use WDMyCloud (2T) for more than 1 year without any problems.

Yesterday I just add a new user for sharing some files but my new user was enable to connect:

After additing her, she reiceived an email with a link for connect to WD website:

After following the link, she got this:

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 5.49.15 PM.png

Putting the credential (Email + Passport) tell that the Name or password are incorrect…

Try Safari + Mozilla + Chrome and it is the same problem.

Try reboot still same problem…

Thanks for your suggetion. :wink:

Best regards

Hello there, welcome to the community.

Is that user able to connect using the WD My Cloud Desktop Application? Is the user able to connect to the My Cloud using a mobile device?

Sorry for the late answer.

I was thinking that i will gate a email notification if someone answer my question…

Yes she tried to connect with her iPhone or the Mac App but nothing.

Sorry

Hello,

i have the same Problem here.

I create a User and became the same EMail.

The he asked for an User and Password.

Please help or i send the Cloud back to the Reseller.

I cant use it and so i buy another Produkt from another Company.

Hi there,

Im having same problem!!! Its loosing a point to have cloud storage without this function, Ive got  My cloud few weeks ago and I was happy with it until now. Only think…I think it has something to do with WD changing WD2go 27th august because i was able to set up remote access with no problems before…

I want to know WHEN you are going to fix this???Otherwise i will change the device because i depened on it now!!!

Thank you for your answer.

In the case of personal contact: [Deleted]

I want to know WHEN you are going to fix this???

We’re not going to fix anything. Because we’re all customers, like you.

If you want WD support on this issue, you will need to contact WD Support.

ps. I’d suggest you remove your email address from your post.

havocius wrote:

Hi there,

Im having same problem!!! Its loosing a point to have cloud storage without this function, Ive got  My cloud few weeks ago and I was happy with it until now. Only think…I think it has something to do with WD changing WD2go 27th august because i was able to set up remote access with no problems before…

I want to know WHEN you are going to fix this???Otherwise i will change the device because i depened on it now!!!

Thank you for your answer.

In the case of personal contact: [Deleted]

The WD2Go.com web page indicates they are doing away with the WD2Go website and it will take them several weeks to implement a new online system. Further that page indicates that one can still use the mobile apps or the desktop app to remote access a WD My Cloud. Below is the text of that webpage:

On August 27, 2015, WD will be upgrading and replacing WD2go.com with a different Web-based access system. We expect that this upgrade period will last several weeks. We will provide further updates on the availability of the new Web-based access system periodically during this time on this page.

You will not be able to use WD2go.com during this time. WD2go.com itself will no longer be available after this period.

Alternatively, you will still be able to remotely access your data using the My Cloud Mobile and My Cloud Desktop App.

Your data will not be affected during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please contact our Customer Support team if you have any questions.

Thx for the Answer.

So for now i cannot use the Cloud because i cannot make some new Users.

Only i can upload Data to my Storage but nobody can see it. I cannot share it to my Friends :frowning:

I want it for an Cloud for Picture to share with my Friends.

Several Weeks means what? 4, 10?

Sorry so i send the Cloud back and buy another.

AOvaron wrote:

Have you tried the manual activation code option for mobile apps and the desktop app?

You generate the activation code for a user via the Dashboard → Cloud Access then manually enter that code into either the WD My Cloud Desktop, WD Photos, and or WD My Cloud app

For the WD My Cloud Desktop app you select the “Connect to devices with activation code” option then enter the activation code. For the WD My Cloud app (for Android at least) you enter the activation code via Menu → Devices → Add/Remove   → Add manually → WD Device. For WD Photos (for Android at least) you enter the activation code via Menu → Add Devices → Connect Manually → WD My Cloud.

The WD Cloud App for Android works for me.

But i want some Friends can see the Files and Upload Photos.

Must everybody install the CloudApp for Desktops?

So i will try it to install it by an Friend.

Sorry for my bad English. German :slight_smile:

Yes. Or the MyCloud Mobile App for Android or iPad.

AOvaron wrote:

Yes, any one you want to access your My Cloud remotely will need to use one of the following WD apps/software programs now that the WD2Go.com site was taken offline in order to be replaced.

WD My Cloud Desktop for Windows

WD My Cloud Desktop for Mac

WD My Cloud on the App Store on iTunes - Apple

WD Photos on the App Store on iTunes - Apple

WD My Cloud - Android Apps on Google Play

WD Photos - Android Apps on Google Play

WD 2go - Windows Phone

Bennor wrote:

AOvaron wrote:

Yes, any one you want to access your My Cloud remotely will need to use one of the following WD apps/software programs now that the WD2Go.com site was taken offline in order to be replaced.

WD My Cloud Desktop for Windows

WD My Cloud Desktop for Mac

WD My Cloud on the App Store on iTunes - Apple

WD Photos on the App Store on iTunes - Apple

WD My Cloud - Android Apps on Google Play

WD Photos - Android Apps on Google Play

WD 2go - Windows Phone

OK this is right. You can only access your Cloud remotly with the different apps (I try iPhone and Mac) AND you need to use the ACTIVATION CODE. 

Work for me now. (with browser still not work)

Thanks

Bennor wrote:

AOvaron wrote:

Have you tried the manual activation code option for mobile apps and the desktop app?

You generate the activation code for a user via the Dashboard → Cloud Access then manually enter that code into either the WD My Cloud Desktop, WD Photos, and or WD My Cloud app

For the WD My Cloud Desktop app you select the “Connect to devices with activation code” option then enter the activation code. For the WD My Cloud app (for Android at least) you enter the activation code via Menu → Devices → Add/Remove   → Add manually → WD Device. For WD Photos (for Android at least) you enter the activation code via Menu → Add Devices → Connect Manually → WD My Cloud.

Can someone please tell me how to select “Connect to devices with activation code” option in MyCloud Desktop (Windows 7)

because I don’t see this option.

A screen print would be nice.

Thank you.

panny2406 wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to select “Connect to devices with activation code” option in MyCloud Desktop (Windows 7)

because I don’t see this option.

A screen print would be nice.

From the WD My Cloud Desktop app on Windows 7, click the drop down field that lists the name of one’s WD My Cloud, then select “Add Device”. The following dialog box will have the option to “Connect to devices with activation code”. When one selects that option, the next dialog box that appears will allow one to enter the activation code generated by the WD My Cloud Dashboard → Cloud Access → Get Code option. Then one clicks the “Connect” button to complete the activation/connection.

1 Like

Thank you so much. It’s easy when you know how! I wish WD documentation was better in this respect, I find it very vague in certain areas.

I have emailed my user showing screen shots and activation code. I will keep my fingers crossed because she is more of a technophobe than I am!

Eureka! My user is now connected and can access her alloted files. The only thing confusing her is the SSL security warning. I told her to ignore this or tick the “do not show this again” box if she has one.

Thank you!

panny2406 wrote:

The only thing confusing her is the SSL security warning. I told her to ignore this or tick the “do not show this again” box if she has one.

Yes the security alert info warning may throw some people. It generally appears before one gets the actual certificate security alert.  But if one selects, in the security alert info warning, the “Why do these message appear?” and “How can I stop them?” it explains the reason for the certificate security alert message and how to dismiss it.

1 Like

Bennor wrote:

panny2406 wrote:

The only thing confusing her is the SSL security warning. I told her to ignore this or tick the “do not show this again” box if she has one.

Yes the security alert info warning may throw some people. It generally appears before one gets the actual certificate security alert.  But if one selects, in the security alert info warning, the “Why do these message appear?” and “How can I stop them?” it explains the reason for the certificate security alert message and how to dismiss it.

Thank you again. More very useful information. I will let her know.