New users cannot connect remotely to WD2go

Thanks for your reply 
considering that at home computer I can open a new and redesigned page wd2go, I thought that the update is finished.
I thought something was wrong with the settings or network or browser.
Thanks anyway

Maybe WD have changed their mind since they posted that thread… They seemed pretty clear about their intentions:

“You will not be able to use WD2go.com during this time. WD2go.com itself will no longer be available after this period.”

Maybe they’ve re-tasked the wd2go.com website for other purposes.

Ask WD Support, and see if they have a clue what is going on with wd2go.

fvodopija wrote:

I can not open wd2go, on Explorer or Chrome anyway.
Enroll user and pass, then appears sign in and after a few moments again, I go back to the beginning - of input user and pass (good user and pass)

Perhaps there is some browser add-on or browser setting on your system that is preventing or causing problems with accessing the WD2Go.com site. To run Internet Explorer without add-ons, see this link. For Chome, see this link for how to open an Incognito Window. For Firefox see this link to run in Safe Mode.

Good morning,

http://wd2go.com has been replaced with http://mycloud.com/

If you type wd2go.com into your browser, you’ll be redirected to the mycloud.com “sign in” page.

Port Blocking, Firewalling, and Ad blocking utilities can cause connection issues.

Regards,

Samuel Brown

There is a problem. On the same computer, I can access mycloud.com with internet explorer, and I can browse the content, upload files etc., while Firefox can’t access the device remotely and says it’s “disconnected”. Digging further, I tried to add the device security certificate to Firefox, and it rejects it as a “weak” certificate (FF v. 41.0).

Worse, it was working correctly on FF during the beta.mycloud.com phase.

At the very least, something was done that now prevents FF from working with mycloud.com. Other browsers can be impacted, but I can’t test that at the moment.

[edit] Digging even further, it is related to this error : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/questions/1067995 ; Mozilla won’t accept weak certificates anymore. I’m still at fw lvl 4.04.303, I don’t know if the webserver configuration was ugraded to a more robust certificate on .308.

M

folks thank you all, for your advice
but I can not open or permanently redirect me to the sign in page (even recognize if it enters the wrong pass)
I think it’s because of network restrictions that I use at work - I’ll try today to take the laptop to the home network, so if I connect it to, definite it is network restrictioins problem (although I do not know what kind).

Thanks again

I have a similar problem…

Using Windows Mobile WD2Go app, which worked previously, now won’t get past the 2nd level of folders

When I tap any folder at that level it reports “no network”.

My wife’s android works fine.

The laptop works fine.

Windows Mobile won’t access those folders either in home wifi net, or when away mobile.

Updated Firmware on WDMycloud, rebooted it too… uninstalled the WD2Go app, reinstalled, configured (had to do manually using access code thing), set it up etc… It still sees the cloud drive, but won’t get past the first 2 levels of folders.

Very concerned that a recent update of winmobile WD2Go app is the issue? Any help much appreciated.

Nic1980 wrote:

I just boght the device yestarday. When i tried to login through the “My cloud” web page it doesn’t work.

I’am asked to check if the device is connected (it is), if the software is updated (it is) and if i’ve acepted the security certificate. When I click on the link to accept, it doesn’t work… i tried on several computers within my network and from outside using different internent browsers and it still doesn’t work.

Is there a probleme with the website?

What version browser are you using, and can you try it on another browser? Do you have cookies turned off?

Bill_S wrote:

I may not have been very clear on this, but there should no longer be any references to wd2go.  That’s why you getting “No network avaliable” for it.  Everything has to now go to mycloud.com.  Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the pointer… May as well uninstall the app as it is no longer working or being supported.

The mycloud.com route does bring up a webpage where I can login to see my drive and access all areas, but it is absolutely awful on the Mobile, and it won’t allow me to play a list of music files from a folder (for example I like to stream an album or two while out and about), it only enables me to play the singe song I click on. So far the function of this “cloud” drive has been awful. As a home network cloud device to stream from and save & backup it’s good, but a mobile-access “cloud” drive it is not. Thus far not recommendable.

Have you got the ‘My Cloud’ app installed? I have the Android version, and it works reasonably well, and will play all the tracks in an album if you select one and press play. It now offers four file categories: All, Music, Pictures and Videos.

The sort order is poor, though…

cpt_paranoia wrote:

Have you got the ‘My Cloud’ app installed? I have the Android version, and it works reasonably well, and will play all the tracks in an album if you select one and press play. It now offers four file categories: All, Music, Pictures and Videos.

The sort order is poor, though…

No I have had to use the WD2Go app for Windows Mobile, and it DID give the ability to stream an album of music from it folder. I would take great delight in being able to listen to any album in my collection while at work, despite it NOT being able to give me the any write/sync capability I was hoping for.

Incidentally, my wife’s android mycloud app still works fine, so why can’t WD create an app for Windows Mobile to do the same? I thought they were getting somewhere with it then ‘bang’ the app is defunct in favour of a web based thing that is utter pap.

ps, I’ve just read a WD reply to my review on Amazon and replied accordingly.

In the meantime I do not have the mobile cloud I thought I was going to have when I parted company with a sum of cash. Sadly you should have seen the face of my colleague when I showed him the problems we’ve all had, and he announced that he’s just ordered one. Gutted.

Ah, Windows Mobile; I missed that point.

CrazyJazzMan wrote:> The mycloud.com route does bring up a webpage where I can login to see my drive and access all areas, but it is absolutely awful on the Mobile, and it won’t allow me to play a list of music files from a folder (for example I like to stream an album or two while out and about), it only enables me to play the singe song I click on. So far the function of this “cloud” drive has been awful. As a home network cloud device to stream from and save & backup it’s good, but a mobile-access “cloud” drive it is not. Thus far not recommendable.

When you use the browser on your mobile phone, there are a couple of things to consider:

1. Mycloud.com does not have a media server to be able to use playlists. Nor is there a mobile version of the site.  The site is intended for desktop usage.
  2. In using your mobile browser, it essentially has to download the song in order to play it.  And since a browser does not have a media server to do playlists, only one song at a time can be played.  
  3. Since mobile browsers are more difficult to work with, we recommend downloading our mobile apps.  However, as you know, we don’t currently have a mobile app for windows phones.

Many thanks for the reply.
It does leave the question, will WD be releasing an app for windows mobile? Having rescinded the existing app there will undoubtedly be a large number of people out there left with no usable mycloud function.

Best regards

CrazyJazzMan wrote:
Many thanks for the reply.
It does leave the question, will WD be releasing an app for windows mobile? Having rescinded the existing app there will undoubtedly be a large number of people out there left with no usable mycloud function.

Best regards

There is no yes or no to your question.  Since we’re not supporting the Windows phone with a remote app, it’s obvious that we’re not going that way at this time.  However, I can’t say that we won’t change that in the future.  My best recommendation it to post an idea for a Windows phone app for remote access in that drive’s idea exchange. Hopefully, enough people will vote it up and get it noticed.

1 Like

Many thanks,

I’ve posted an Idea in the ideas area, I hope it’s in the right place as it seemed to be a mixed thread/page of uncategorised subjects.

Here’s hoping, but in the meantime all of us Windows Mobile users are basically without a MyCloud.

Regards

1 Like

CrazyJazzMan wrote:

Many thanks,

I’ve posted an Idea in the ideas area, I hope it’s in the right place as it seemed to be a mixed thread/page of uncategorised subjects.

Here’s hoping, but in the meantime all of us Windows Mobile users are basically without a MyCloud.

Regards

Where you put it is fine.  Let’s see how other users respond.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m also a Windows phone user, that got cut out of remote access,

The propose of the a SW upgrade should be to solve problems, not create new ones.

Please resolve the problem with the win phone App.

Best regards.

1 Like

LuisXGome wrote:

Hello,

I’m also a Windows phone user, that got cut out of remote access,

The propose of the a SW upgrade should be to solve problems, not create new ones.

Please resolve the problem with the win phone App.

Best regards.

Did you add your vote to his idea?  If not, please do so.

To make things a little easier, here’s a link to the proposal:

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/Windows-Mobile-app-for-MyCloud/idi-p/906853