My Cloud always freeze

I just bought it for 3 days and put ~30,000 pictures on it now. But the drive is always unaccessible after a few hours. I need to unplug the power to reboot the whole thing every time. Do other people have the same issue?

I’m trying to disabe the Sleep mode now and see how it works. Even it works, it’s so annoying that a NAS can’t be put on standby mode. It just decreases the life of the hard drive. Please fix it asap if it’s doable by firmware upgrade.

AlexT wrote:

I just bought it for 3 days and put ~30,000 pictures on it now. But the drive is always unaccessible after a few hours. I need to unplug the power to reboot the whole thing every time. Do other people have the same issue?

I’m trying to disabe the Sleep mode now and see how it works. Even it works, it’s so annoying that a NAS can’t be put on standby mode. It just decreases the life of the hard drive. Please fix it asap if it’s doable by firmware upgrade.

Then either post that on the firmwar thread or tell WD direclty via their tech team.

Goto Settings and run a Diagnostics test first.  There should be a firmware coming out that fixes network issues.

Same problem here.

Found that switching to static IP, turning off auto re-scan in Twonky, and force mapping the drive helped decrease the frequency that the drive unmounted itself from my computer.  

Since I’ve added a lot of files that are media, Twonky takes forever to scan the drive.  So for about the first 1.5 hours after rebooting the server, it’s unaccessible because it’s too busy doing that. *sigh*

Hi, I have today the same problem. I bought it just four days before and put inside MyCloud lot of photos, movies and much more. Today I tried to access the hard drive and it was completeley KO. Not ping it nothing at all works.

Just removing power and power on again seems to solve the problem.

I´m comming from a MybookWorld edition II that broke and let me down completely. At the moment I could not recover the

data. I´ve trusted again in WD and bought this new piece. I hope WD solve the problem soon.

Best regards from Spain.