Wd dlna folder depth capability?

ThePizzaMatrix wrote:

I’ve had some issues but it’s mainly random instead of the path depth. Just in case try to check if it exceeds 255 characters as that tends to cause issues.

Could be it’s likey you may be correct regarding the 255 path name BUT the convoluted way the album was accessed created the Twonky problem.

I just checked with foobar200 from the computer.  The “album” can be selected to play.  Foobar2000 goes thru the path for the directories directly whereas Twonky goes thru several different indirect steps to get to the album.  hmmmm, the pc has the MBL as a mapped device at the “Public” level so that I get to select the “shared” music, video or photo.

When selecting the device, MBL Twonky, a menu is displayed to select music, video or photos; selecting music, one gets a menu of types of access;; selecting “byfolder” one gets the “shared music”(??!!??) for doing another selection, then a display of directories I created for my music classifications; after selecting the classification, I get a list of albums/directories; if the album has subdirectories for each composition artist, everything is greyed out & not selectable to play.  Don’t know where the 1st selection of “music, video, photo” came from as it’s not on the MBL (could be inserted by Yamaha’s DLNA?).

This is more likely a Twonky problem that still exist for 6.039 & most likely 7.05 (had used but not tried the “byfolder” method).  Doing by genre/album works directly to display the albums!

Anyway just wondering if WD’s version/implementation of DLNA will get me a more direct access.