Visitor
SP4RK

Re: update twonkyserver

I know the command. But i think "reboot" restart only the NAS without any effect on the function of  my Twonky

Regular Advisor
anotherpaul

Re: update twonkyserver

Reboot of the MBL does affect how Twonky works.  I've found that I have to do a reboot of MBL within 3 hrs prior to getting access from my AVR & listen to music for longer than 90 mins; or I can just disconnect the cat 5 cable from the router & then reconnect after the led goes into the "red".

Believe that MBL has a problem with the wait/listen part of the OS or Apache2.  Haven't see any reports from others tho.

Anyway using SSH to send a reboot is much quicker than doing it from the Dashboard since one can exit when the terminal program is disconnected from MBL instead of waiting "forever" with the Dashboard running with the "do not close..."

Occasional Visitor
eyuppie

Re: Has anyone tried the new version (Twonky 7)?   Will vs 7...

@ schnaggels:

The resources\devicedb\Philips\Philips Renderer TV.xml does not exist for Twonky 5.1.9 (only 6.x).

Is there a different location or value that can be changed alternatively to DLNANO -> DLNA15 for Twonky 5.1.9?

I would like to enable FF and Rewind without updating to 6.x!

TXH in advance for any help.

Occasional Visitor
Loki_xXx

"Twonky 7.0.5 Special" video recognition problem

Hello!

I've just installed Twonky 7.0.5 special on my WDMyBookLive and connected it to my Sony Bravia NX.

TV plays music and shows pictures but doesn't play ANY video. Niether .wmv, nor .avi, nor .mpeg, nor .mkv. When I navigate video folders using the TV, every video (avi, mkv, wmv) is displayed as mpeg. When I press play button, video opens and there is a black screen and nothing happens. TV doesn't hang when trying to play a video.

I've tried reinstalling Twonky but it gave no result.

Help me please!!!

P.S. web interface of MBL doesn't show any version of twonky running but mybooklive:9000 is working and my TV sees it.

Occasional Visitor
schnaggels

[ Edited ]

@eyuppie

Yes, you should find a folder called resources in twonkeymedia-5. There you find a file called clients.db. Open this file with pico and search for the Philips entry (the profile you are using in Twonky)  and change from DLNAO to DLNA15. Now you should be able to FF and REW most of the files (but not all).

Occasional Advisor
jgcamil

Hi, If I upgrade from 6.0.39 to version 7, all I have to do is follow the steps as I upgraded from 5 to 6? Thanks...
Occasional Advisor
jgcamil

FUrthermore, what is the 7.05 version I have to download?

Thx

Occasional Visitor
Loki_xXx

[ Edited ]

@jgcamil

Link to download Twonky 7 archive: Twonky 7.0.5 Special for PowerPC architecture

I installed Twonky 7 using manual from MBL Wiki Forum

1) Connect to ssh using your MBL IP(login: root, password: welc0me)

2) Stop Twonky:

/etc/init.d/twonky stop

3) Create Twonky 7 directory:

mkdir /usr/local/twonky

4) Go in it :

cd /usr/local/twonky

5) Download actual version:

wget http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/7.0.5-Special/twonky-powerpc-glibc-2.2.5-special-7.0.5.zip

6) Unzip it:

unzip twonky-powerpc-glibc-2.2.5-special-7.0.5.zip

7) Create directory use by twonky to store temp files:

mkdir /var/twonky

8) Make executable for starting twonky

chmod a+x twonky.sh

9) start twonky

./twonky.sh start

At this time you should have Twonky 7 working, go to http://yourip:9000 and change what you need (change share folder, client, language, enter your key if you have, etc…).

If you reboot your My Book, older twonky version start.

If all is working (make test before this step):

10) Change WD script to avoid the changement of Twonky parameters (share change to /) everytime you reboot :

mv /usr/local/sbin/writeTwonkyContentDir.sh /usr/local/sbin/writeTwonkyContentDir.sh.old

11) Backup old Twonky startup

mv /etc/init.d/twonky /etc/init.d/twonky.old

12) Make twonky.old nonexecutable:

chmod a-x twonky.old

13) Copy new startup

cp /usr/local/twonky/twonky.sh /etc/init.d/twonky

That's all !

Occasional Advisor
jgcamil

Will try it tonite... thanks for the heads up!

Hope this solves my streaming issues with my oppo bdp 93 and MBL...

Regards,

jg

Occasional Advisor
jgcamil

[ Edited ]

Well,

It seems it is working properly so far.

Im rescannig the library as we speak, I've been able to stream some the available videos and music.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Regards,

jg

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD