Update twonkyserver

Hi,

Has anyone successfully installed TwonkyServer 7.0.9? Is it worth the 20$?

I followed this tutorial ( http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-459592) and managed to install it, but apparently I had already used my 30-day evaluation period so I can’t test if it works properly unless I pay 15eur/20dollars.

If someone has a version >6, does it play .mkv and .mp4 files correctly? does it support subtitles? I might risk it, I would really like these features

Thanks!

I got 7.0.9 working. The update section of the guide

Upgrade to a newer version (if you have follow this guide to install first 7 version) :

1. connect to ssh (login : root, password : welc0me)

2. stop Twonky :

/etc/init.d/twonky stop

3. go in Twonky folder :

cd /usr/local/twonky

4. download new version (for example 7.0.8) :

wget Jira Service Management

5. unzip it :

unzip twonky-powerpc-glibc-2.2.5-special-7.0.9.zip

6. start Twonky :

/etc/init.d/twonky start

That’s all !

I’m a new Live Book user who is simply trying to stream music from my Live Book to my Sony DVD player that is supposedly DLNA compatible.  I have placed several mp3 files into the Public Music Share folder on the Live Book.  When I use my Sony DVD player to look at the available network files for music, it sees the TwonkyMedia folder and displays the MAC address of my Live Book.  So the proper network connection appears to be there.  However, when I attempt to select the Live Book as a source, it says no compatible files can be found.  The version of the TwonkyMedia server on my Live Book is the 5.1.9 that came with the device.  Do I need to update to a newer version of TwonkyMedia in order for me to have my Sony DVD player play the music files?  Or is there something more basic that I need to do?  

You can check if the problem is on Twonky side or in your Sony DVD player side, by going to the twonky web interface. That is, from any computer in your home network, open the browser and go to: http://:9000/

There you should be able to see which files are being streamed by Twonky

Thanks for the suggestion.  Everything checked out.  I then realized that I needed to go into Dashboard Settings to select “Rebuild” to properly format my media files so that TwonkyMedia could serve them up for my DVD player to see.  Once I did that, my Sony DVD player was immediately able to show the categorical breakdowns for music, photo, and video files.  It was great to see things work and to realize that I didn’t have to upgrade TwonyMedia quite yet.

Hi, i follw the steps for upgrade twonky media to version 7.1.2 and i change also the file /usr/local/sbin/share-param.sh(i change dhe directory from twonkymedia-5 to twonky(where there is the new version). Now in the dashboard of my book live i saw that the twonky version is upgraded to 7.1.2 but if i click on rebuild, the version of twonky disappear and also the number of file… Twonky server is non more visible on the dashboard of my book live and it is only accesible by typing in the browser myip:9000 what can i do?

Hi Renton,

I’m no expert, but I think after upgrading Twonky you should not use the Dashboard. If you need to rebuilding your media database, go to MBLip:9000 and do it from there. 

Is Twonky working now? If so, leave it be. If not, reinstall Twonky 7.1.2 the same way you did it the first time, and don’t use any function in the dashboard.

I to would reccomend using the Twonky Server Status directly from HTTP://MYBOOKLIVE:9000

But for those that must have it back, here is a guide I wrote on how to “possibly” fix it

I say possibly, as the resolution in the guide is usually the root cause, havent found any other causes

but we all know, there is always some other reason or thing that someone did, that we cant think of

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-How-to-fix-a-blank-WD-MyBookLive-Twonky-Settings-UI/td-p/532552

Thank you all, i solved it!

Now i have 2 problems:

1. Twonky media server is no longer visible from android application WD Photos and WD 2go. 
    2)Every time i rebuild database, twonky server reset and ask me to insert serial again.

. Twonky media server is no longer visible from android application WD Photos and Wd 2go.

They never were in the first place. Those apps don’t use Twonky.

Yes, in version 5 when i try to add a device in wd photos and wd 2go appeared “twonky” as a device to add

I’d like to see a screenshot of that…

Here u are

@renton1982

you are seeing that, because that is your device name

Untitled.jpg

@renton1982

Did my findings in the other thread help you with the relationship between WD Photos and Twonky?

http://community.twonky.com/twonky/topics/twonky_7_0_9_no_longer_visible_in_wd_photos

Hi I hope someone can help me my twonky settings from my drive have vanished from the last update can anyone please help me get the back I had twonky server 7.0 with a valid key which I still have thankfully.

Update.PNG

whatever guide you followed to get 7.x on there the first time should still be applicable

Hi thanks for the reply

I followed this guide hxxp://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-459592 I can select the folders I wish to share etc but it still does not show under WD gui or my Samsung tv

I am having the exact same issue as  niftey with no evidence of Twonky on the Dashboard, yet I can still stream movies to the blu ray player but the mybook live library on the mytwonky website does not seem to be working.  help?? the ip:9000 seems to be showing that twonky is running

dan

Update twonkyserver to 6.0.39 worked, thank you. However I have tried using the tutorials to upgrade to version 7, latest being 7.2 with no success. Could you post the steps to upgrade when you get the chance please.