Update twonkyserver

• Go in Twonky Setting -Click on “Media Receivers” under Advanced  Setup (Media Receivers will display devices that the Media Server recognizes on the network. The Mac address, type of device, and IP address will be displayed.) - Select the Device and the type in “Samsung Smart TV”. - Save - Restart Server and try

Well from that interface i see a dropdown of all the twonky supported devices. i don’t have the ability to enter any text hut i selected Samsung tv. i doesn’t help. I don’t get how almost everyone here is reporting success after upgrading to v6. For me it doesn’t open any more files than v5.

is there config chg that needs to be done after upgrading to 6.0.39? am i missing something? shall i update my MBL firmware and then re-try? That cant have anything to do with it right?

No need to change any config or anything. I suggest you upgrade the firmware and then retry with the method I posted earier for 6.0.39 in page 23. Unfortunately my MBL crashed and sent out for replacement hence I cannot test and provide a completely v7 instruction or test everything.

alright… will do that… shall upgrade my MBL firmware. what prevented me from doing this so far was the fear of losing the feature pack and the applications it provided… any idea if feature pack is supported by the latest MBL firmware?

no idea. I don’t use that.

I dont know about the featurepack but this new firmware disabled mysql interface inside PHP.  (PHP still works but it will not talk to mysql server any more)  What this means is that it can still act as web server but creating the site with database powered CMS such as wordpress, drupal, Joomra etc., is out of reach.    I know this device  was not meant for such task but it nevertheless it is less exciting.

Hello everyone.    this is my first posts.  So i may not have searched enough.    Any way I just got my MyBook and its working great.   I also have twonkey 7.0  and on my 2011 Samsung HDTV says it will not play any of my itunes music…  It says file not supported.    I can get them to play when the tv is connected to my pc but not twonky or the MyBook.  

Im lost at what to do next.

Thank you,

Jerid

Hi How did you apply the licence to the WD drive.  I assume that you upgraded by copying the files to the drive rather than running the upgrade.

Thanks

After upgrade firmware to 02.11.09-053 I’ve got a problem: Twonky loses share everytime it reboots. 

I’ve upgraded it to 7.0.5 and happens the same, also in this cases it disconects all the time, so I’ve came back to 6.0.39.

No idea what to do.

How can I delete all and start again?

Thanks.

Edited: I fix issue restoring values.

Now somebodys is running Twonky 7.x.x and going fine on Samsung TV?

I had a problem with video files, m4v, mp4 and mkv stopping for no apparent reason roughly 10 mins into the film when streaming them to my LG Plasma TV. I tried resampling them which sometimes worked but not always.

In the end I upgraded the Twonky server to 6.0.39 which fixed the issue.

I then upgraded to 7.0.5 which has a better browser interface but have since downgraded back to 6.0.39 because the WD browser interface didn’t recognise 7 and I think that was stopping the drive from going to sleep, has anybody else found this? and as i mainly only use the drive for backing up and watching my dvd collection I didn’t want it running all the time.

I can say though that the licence key i purchased for 7 works with 6.

Still got an issue with streaming movies to my sony blueray player though, while it does now see and play them the video is choppy? Anyone got any ideas?

I upgrade to version 7.0.8 everything works fine until I reboot it. After reboot in my twonky media library appears pictures (parts of wd web interface) also movie play only 10 second after that service interacted… What I did wrong? Have Smart TV Samsung for streaming…

After applying update have I keep SSH enabled or I can disable it?

So, yesterday I give up and went to sleep. This morning I turn on TV and try one more time. Magically everything work fine. I don’t know what twonky updated during night, but it work perfectly. I can watch, make movie time search and so on… Now interesting: according my book live dashboard my twonky server is disabled… Another thing - according twonky server status (myip:9000) - I not streaming video  (but I watching it on TV right now…) will see how it is will work in future. Obviously it is some delay between settings changes and their effect.

Hi

I am using Twonky Server 5.1.9 on my WD NAS, I am looking at following the upgrade instructions in this forum to 6.0.39 - just wondering if I can go straight to the  newer version 7??  Is this possible by following the same instructions or is 6.0.39 the only version available for a NAS?

I did see this link  http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/7.0.5-Special/  which I believe is for NAS’s??  If I can follow the 6.0.39 instructions which of these 7.0.5 versions for I use for my WD World Book (white lights) NAS?

Cheers

It will probably differ from my 6.0.39 instruction. Unfortunately my WDL has crashed and I cannot update the instruction until it is replaced by WD.

I followed the instrutions here  http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-462856/complete-guide-to-upgrade-to-twonky-7-version-my-book-world

Worked first time.  I now have Twonky 7.0.5 running perfectly!

at version 7…  

WD version is 5.

for normal users, an update to 7 is free for version 5 and 6 users…

http://www.twonky.com/buy_current.aspx

Tony,

what about an update ?

or can i download the ppc version of the twonky site and simply untar the thing on the Mybook ??

the mp4 and mkv  issue is truly annoying.

mrunix…

For normal users who bought it retail not for NAS users who got it bundled.

This worked for me.

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-459592

/complete-guide-to-upgrade-to-twonky-7-version-my-book-live-o

i updated to 7.0.8 and curious if you use “Advanced Media Navigation” ofr “By Folder” for navigation tree?

all my music and video files i can see on the linux /shares  via ssh and i can see them via win7 clients,  but not on the x.x.x.x.:9000.

since this is a new setup i need to make “/shares/Public” shareable now?  guess i should post this over at twonky?