Frequent Visitor
Artarian

Re: update twonkyserver

Just wondering if anyone has figured out if the 30 day trial period disables Twonky from streaming, or is it necessary to purchase a Server serial number.

Granted, it's totally worth the $20 to get it running (or would that be keep it from stopping?), but if it is unnecessary, I don't want to spend the money. 

Frequent Advisor
mistachesta

Worth buying TBH.

Advisor
JohnnyB123

"Yup... But in my case, the MyBook Live streams MKVs just fine to all of my devices; four set top boxes, one bluray player, my iPad and iPod..." Tony, how are u streaming MKVs to your iPad? What app r u using? What resolution are athe MKV files?
Occasional Advisor
greatbrit

I updated to 6.0.38 last night and I'M STREAMING!!!!!  I previously had tried 6.0.34 but it didn't help with my MBL to Sony BDP-BX57 (Costco version of Sony BDP-570), never able to see any .avi files.  After this .38 upgrade, I see everything and can play everything.  Looking at the release notes, I see that there were .35 .36 and .37 updates too; it looks like a lot of the fixes may have been in .35 but I only just discovered .38 yesterday from a couple of forum posts.

Advisor
JohnnyB123

Yeah but you have to fork out $20 after 30 days. There doesn't seem to be a way around that :-( I think I'm just gonna have to install Firecores ApleTv black on my ATV and have the MyBookLive stream to that jail broken device. Yes it's gonna cost $30 but it's the easiest way for everyone else in the house, so they can access movies etc without getting frustrated with the Samsungs Tv Internet.
Visitor
Fatfly

Re: Update twonkyserver to 6.0.38

Hi,

i have issues with twonky 5.1.9 not recognizing properly the tags for m4a files. the genre is not read. So I would like to update to the version 6 of the server.

But i cannot enable the ssh. and connect to mybook live through Putty.

Everytime, i change  "ssh_enable="enabled", then save, then reload. For reloading, Mybooklive reboot. After the reboot, if i export the config file, i can see again ssh_enable="disabled".   

When i try to connect through putty, i always have no answer. consol freezed.

i have tried to enabled ftp and to connect through it with no success as well

Any Idea?

Thanks for your help.

Popsy

Fatty

Try     http://THEIPMYBOOKLIVE /UI/ssh    the case of  ssh is important, I wish you luck>

Visitor
Fatfly

Thanks Popsy! This way is even easier. 

Visitor
Fatfly

Beautiful! Tags are now read properly! the songs are sorted as they should. 

Thanks all!

Occasional Visitor
brad67

i just recently purchased WD world edition II. After firmware update twonky was at 5.1.9.  Initially I could only see and play AVI files from my Sony Blu Ray BDP S370.  Since then I upgraded twonky to 6.0.38 and can see and play MP4, VOB, MKV, M4V however the MKV and M4V either shutter during play or cause bluray to shutdown and restart.  I used twonkymedia-mss2-6.0.38 for upgrade.  From my laptop via wireless using MS media player I can play MKV and M4V perfectly.  S370 is wired connection.

Any suggestions....

Thanks in advance  Brad

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD