Update twonkyserver

Byr restarting router do you mean restarting the WD device or restarting the WAN router it is connected to?

Sorry man, I mean the DSL Router which the WD MBL connects to via ethernet. :slight_smile:

Version 6.0.38 is out and if you follow the instructions on page 6 of this thread, it will update just fine (just make sure you replace 6.0.34 w/ 6.0.38 when downloading/unzipping).  Kudos went out because it totally worked on my MBL and I am now able to stream to my Samsung LED TV (v5.x.xx of Twonky wouldn’t).

Good luck all! 

mistachesta: Works fine even after reboot and TWONKY does not forget anything

Artarian: Updated instruction for 6.0.38 has already been posted on page 13

Just wondering if anyone has figured out if the 30 day trial period disables Twonky from streaming, or is it necessary to purchase a Server serial number.

Granted, it’s totally worth the $20 to get it running (or would that be keep it from stopping?), but if it is unnecessary, I don’t want to spend the money. 

Worth buying TBH.

“Yup… But in my case, the MyBook Live streams MKVs just fine to all of my devices; four set top boxes, one bluray player, my iPad and iPod…” Tony, how are u streaming MKVs to your iPad? What app r u using? What resolution are athe MKV files?

I updated to 6.0.38 last night and I’M STREAMING!!!  I previously had tried 6.0.34 but it didn’t help with my MBL to Sony BDP-BX57 (Costco version of Sony BDP-570), never able to see any .avi files.  After this .38 upgrade, I see everything and can play everything.  Looking at the release notes, I see that there were .35 .36 and .37 updates too; it looks like a lot of the fixes may have been in .35 but I only just discovered .38 yesterday from a couple of forum posts.

Yeah but you have to fork out $20 after 30 days. There doesn’t seem to be a way around that :frowning: I think I’m just gonna have to install Firecores ApleTv black on my ATV and have the MyBookLive stream to that jail broken device. Yes it’s gonna cost $30 but it’s the easiest way for everyone else in the house, so they can access movies etc without getting frustrated with the Samsungs Tv Internet.

Hi,

i have issues with twonky 5.1.9 not recognizing properly the tags for m4a files. the genre is not read. So I would like to update to the version 6 of the server.

But i cannot enable the ssh. and connect to mybook live through Putty.

Everytime, i change  "ssh_enable=“enabled”, then save, then reload. For reloading, Mybooklive reboot. After the reboot, if i export the config file, i can see again ssh_enable=“disabled”.   

When i try to connect through putty, i always have no answer. consol freezed.

i have tried to enabled ftp and to connect through it with no success as well

Any Idea?

Thanks for your help.

Fatty

Try     http://THEIPMYBOOKLIVE /UI/ssh    the case of  ssh is important, I wish you luck>

Thanks Popsy! This way is even easier. 

Beautiful! Tags are now read properly! the songs are sorted as they should. 

Thanks all!

i just recently purchased WD world edition II. After firmware update twonky was at 5.1.9.  Initially I could only see and play AVI files from my Sony Blu Ray BDP S370.  Since then I upgraded twonky to 6.0.38 and can see and play MP4, VOB, MKV, M4V however the MKV and M4V either shutter during play or cause bluray to shutdown and restart.  I used twonkymedia-mss2-6.0.38 for upgrade.  From my laptop via wireless using MS media player I can play MKV and M4V perfectly.  S370 is wired connection.

Any suggestions…

Thanks in advance  Brad

Aren’t you supposed to use the twonkymedia-powerpc-glibc-2.2.5-6.0.38 ??

From: http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.38/twonkymedia-powerpc-glibc-2.2.5-6.0.38.zip

I recently upgraded Twonky from 5.1.9 to 6.0.37 and then 6.0.38 on my WD My Book Live serving to a Panasonic Viera P50GT30.

Both the 6.0.3n versions appear to have an issue in presenting month 12 dates (specifically video files) on the Viera as they are incorrectly interpreted . . . . . the month (‘12’) is being interpreted as the year so, for example, a file added on the 19th December 2011 (12/19/11) is presenting as the 19th January 2012 (01/19/12), 12/30/11 as 01/30/12 ect ect. Files legitimately added this month (say on the 4th) present correctly, and in the correct order, as 01/04/12.

When viewing by ‘date’ or ‘year’ views the files are also incorrectly placed within the 2012 → 01 & 2012 folders respectively, the 2011 → 12, and 2011 folders however contain some, but not all, of the incorrectly identified files but all consistently showing the incorrectly formed dates. The files appearing within the 2011 vs. 2012 folders are unique to the particular folder and not duplicated across both.

On reverting back to version 5.1.9 the files are correctly ordered and placed correctly and as would be expected. In all other respects both the 6.0.3n releases seem without issue.

I have attempted multiple combinations of re-scanning and DB rebuilds without success. The files also present incorrectly through a standalone Sony Bravia player however WD2go presents the dates corredctly. There is also nothing to distinguish the files from those being handled correctly. NOTE: possibly of interest the Bravia ‘all video’ view presents files aphabetically and not ordered by date (they are on the Viera) so the issue does not apply in that view - the folder view exaclty replicates the problem however - could this be an issue with the Viera presenting in date order within the all video view? Is this controlled by server or client?

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this as, unfortunately, I rely on date ordering for video above other sort orders and would like to see this fixed so I can run the current release.

I have currently reverted back to version 5.1.9 in the hope that a fix will be forthcoming for this issue.

Can anyone help?

Puppeteer,

Sounds like a Twonky issue, not a WD issue.  I would let the Twonky development team know by shooting them an e-mail.

Just my 2 cents worth… 

Hi Artarian,

That was my feeling too, so also posted over on the Twonky forum:

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10489&p=39963#p39963

Just thought to post here for info and incase there were any ideas out there? :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I don’t write in forums often, but I have to say you guys rock in figuring how to make mkv work for MBL. I followed jumper1’s instructions on updating twonkyserver to 6.0.38 and it went smooth as silk.

My mkv movies work on my Samsung TV now with subtitles, so I am ecstatic. The only small issue I had was after I had successfully tested one mkv on my Samsung, the 2nd time round while I was moving more movie files over from my PC to MBL, i still got an unsupported video file error. Was quite a damper then, but after restarting the twonky server and waiting for the files to finish copying, the world was alright again. :slight_smile:

Not sure if it was the file copying or just the need to restart the twonky server - but just wanted to share, since the forumers here have been such great help, thought I’d just do my part.

Thanks again all and keep up the good work! Come on WD, fix this for us!

Hello Gents,

I could use some help here, I successfully upgraded my twonlky server in my WD MY book live to the newest twonky version (6.0.38) using the instructions on page 13. The only problem is when I try to Rename script of WD Live to avoid it rewrite twonky param every startup : via mv /usr/local/sbin/writeTwonkyContentDir.sh /usr/local/sbin/writeTwonkyContentDir.sh.old, I get an error message that says no such file or directory exist. So I ignored and rebooted the server anyways. So far it’s OK and videos including MKVs stream just fine, but after one day, the server stops working and I keep getting “no videos found on this device” error on the TV, and when I look in twonkyy configration, it shows that my 30 days trial  has expired (only after one day) but if i restart the server via twonky configuration, things become OK again and the trail counter shows that it still has 29 days left until the following day when the server up tine counter shows 1 day, the trail expired message apears and movies can’t be streamed until i restart the server to where the server up time is back to 0 days and whatever number of hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.