Update twonkyserver

I have just started back on this project, after a long vacation from it.

I have sucessfully upgraded to 6.0.32 and applied the license Key for the Twonky server suite that I mistakenly bought for the PC, trying to get the features on the My Book Live to work before I found about about it’s incompatibility issues with the DLNA standard

I have now upgraded my system to include a Netgear DLNA compliant gateway, DLNA Compliant Sony Bravia TV, Sony 570 BluRay Disc player.

Still no luck on the Bravia or Blue Ray player and Video files.  I have ASF, AVI, FLV, MPEG2, MP4,  WMV… none work.

But, I had some videos that I had converted using an old Ads Showbiz 2 application that came on a PC I bought in 2005 that play perfectly.

Short of taking a chance and purchasing showbiz and tossing another hundred dollar bil in this hole, doe anyone know of any piece of softwear available to the consumer that will make the Twonky Server (updated) play on Sony Devices?

I also have a Media Center PC connected to the Bravia, and it works flawlessly, whenever it doesn’t hide the mouse pointer.

I can attach a drive to the Netgear Gateway, and make my own NAS that is DLNA compliant, but then I have this other 1TB MBL paperweight.  It plays music and shows pictures fine.  It almost works as well as the twonky server on my android phone.  The Satellite receiver has a 1TB drive attached to it also.   I have no doubt that I can run the registerred Twonky server on the Media Center PC, and let it run 24/7 and get closer to what I was hoping for, but really would like to see the MBL do what it was advertised to.

Is anyone aware of any device that can stream video reliably from a MBL running twonky to any DLNA compliant Device?

Maybe I am just getting old.  I started out in the mid 70s whan Personal Computers were large, expensive, and saved to cassette tapes.  A Sugart floppy drive was around $400.00 and held 180 KB.  I have always been able to get hardware and software to do what they were advertised to do.  Sometimes I had to underhaul the setup to make it over come translation issues, but I could make it work.  This, I can’t make work. 

I have around 200 video clips that work on Windows Media center.  The network also has a Wii, and XBMC attached, As well as an entry level Magnavox BluRay that is network enabled.  Everything plays music, and shows Pictures.

Video; not so much.

Any Ideas that don’t involve starting over with a different choice in DLNA compliant NAS devices???