Regular Visitor
gingerchris

Re: update twonkyserver

So my problems still persist - is it possible to restore the firmware of the mybook without losing the shares I've put on it?

yohojones

[ Edited ]

Worked like a charm Handyhand.  Even a linux n00b like me was able to copy and paste this in my Macs Terminal.  My UI is working and after I bought the new version of twonky everythings great.

Occasional Visitor
sidewinder1974

Thanks to all for the twonky update instructions. Works great with my Samsung Blueray player. It didn't stream much with version 5. If you are waiting for an upgrade from WD, you might as well use step 4 from Tony. The 'netflix enabled' WDTV plus I purchased after netflix came to Canada, didn't work for Canadians. Check the forum on that issue! They weren't even sure one would be available. Fortunately Nintendo's WII had the software available in a few weeks! Needless to say the WDTV went back. It took WD almost 6 months to add the software to the WDTV (so I here), but I can't confirm that. I waited a long time to purchase thie WD Live, and am ticked off that I have to spend another $22.00 to get it to work the way it is supposed to, although I probably voided any warranty.

Regular Visitor
yonas

Hi to all, I tried to follow your guide and everything went just fine untill zip uploading.

It was connected to the server, but then an error occured: HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found2011-08-29 08:34:06 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Please help, while right now the twonky doesn't work...

Regards

y

Regular Visitor
yonas

Hi Guys,

I managed to upload the verison .34  :smileyvery-happy:

Now avi+srt work prefectly.

Thanks for the instructions. I'm rookie in linux and ssh, but thanks to you very easy.

I recommend this upgrading to everyone.

Regards,

y

Advisor
rcp1981

How do you get subtitles to show for MKVs of foreign movies?  I see the subtitles on my computer but when I transfer it to the MBL and play it on my samsung led there's no subtitles.  It works when I convert MKV to MPEG but that's a hassle.

Advisor
friggy31

Anyone know how to upgrade to twonky 6 via a mac?

Occasional Advisor
haryost

hi Markvm,

would please upload the file to another file server? i can't download it from http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.34/twonkymedia-powerpc-glibc-2.2.5-6.0.34.zip , i think that file is gone.

thanks

Trusted Contributor
parnott100

It is still there as of a few minutes ago.

Occasional Advisor
haryost

yes, i just download it .... hope it will solved the problem....

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD