Update twonkyserver

WDTony:  As a software developer for a large IT organization, I understand the difficulty of releasing software and its impact on test resources.  However, my organization NEVER promotes features for products it does not support or has no intentions of resolving issues for.  This is my main gripe with WD.  All documentation I have seen for this product clearly states the support to stream MKV files via DLNA.  There are no disclaimers ANYWHERE.  Had I known that MKV files (which make up 99% of my video library) would not be supported out-of-the-box, I simply would not have purchased the device.  So as a customer, I expect this function to work.  When you get statements from WD support staff saying “we don’t have any plans to provide a firmware upgrade to resolve this issue” and “we don’t plan to upgrade the TwonkyMedia Server”, this is precisely how customers will feel, especially when they know that the makers of the software used by the device to support DLNA has resolved the issue themselves.  As I mentioned, WD support staff has not been helpful with this issue.  The information you provided is the most I’ve heard from anyone.

Alias: Gordon.Gartrelle

2 Likes