Update twonkyserver

I wouldn’t characterize us that way. You are “assuming” many things when you make comments like that.We did an extensive evaluation and testing of twonky. Decisions were made that it was too unstable and had way too many issues to ship in a consumer product.

In fact, we will have a firmware update in the next quarter that will have some exciting features…

I would temper your criticism a bit going forward.

Tony

Edit - I wanted to add some color to this thread for you all:

The misconception in this case is twofold:  1. It is very easy to change the firmwareon the units.  2. Because changing the firmware is so easy then WD isn’t changing it because they don’t care.

I am not sure you understand how difficult it is to release software. Moving to a major release like twonky 6 (assuming it even passed our tests) requires quite a bit of effort -including certification testing (DLNA, Microsoft, etc.) , system testing, and compatibility testing in order to have the highest quality release.

Are we happy with Twonky 5? For the most part it is been reliable and bug free. There are always newer software stacks and services that we are looking at for this as well as future products. We definitely are looking at these moving forward.

One last point, we do not endorse nor will we support user modified changes to our product. You are on your own if you go and make changes like this to your My Book Live and most likely you will void your warranty.