"Corroputed File" after upload - PS3

After I upload my video files to the “video share” folder. I get “corrupted file” message when trying to view from the PS3.

Any suggestion on why that is and how to resolve it?

Thank you.

What happens if you try to view those files on your computer from the same location?

work without any issue.

I also have noticed, that if I change the name of the file, it somewho gets the file to work. So what is that all about?

I have a feeling the issue is with the PS3 and not the files or the drive. Do you by chance have access to another PS3 you could test with (a friends you could borrow perhaps?) - I would be interested to see if the same problem occurs on another device.

Have you made sure to update both your MBL and PS3 to the latest firmware for each?

Ardvark wrote:

I have a feeling the issue is with the PS3 and not the files or the drive. Do you by chance have access to another PS3 you could test with (a friends you could borrow perhaps?) - I would be interested to see if the same problem occurs on another device.

Have you made sure to update both your MBL and PS3 to the latest firmware for each?

I hope it is not the PS3. I have really no way of testing that. I will try and ask my friends.

I can tell you that both Systems have the lastet firmware.

You think i complete rest/start over

of the WD would change anything?

Radu43

Never hurts to try…

I get this problem, it happens with most .avi files but also with various .mp4’s.

Renaming the file name (not  the suffix) solves the problem. It’s just a bit tedious.