Mybook live. cannot copy files back to PC from my book

hi, i bought and installed a my book live 2TB storage. static IP. i created a new share that everyone can access. i have allowed for ftp. i updated to the latest firmware. 

from my desktop (windows Vista), i can map the new shared folder using admin. i can create new files into this shared folder. i can copy files from my desktop to this new shared folder. i can view files and modify them in the new shared folder. no problem. 

the problem is i cannot copy any file from my book live to my desktop again using windows explorer copy function. gives me an error stating this drive does not allow for this function. does anyone have the same problem? any solution to this. it is a major problem if i cannot copy files from my book live. thanks in advance! 

Never heard of this.

What is the exact error message you’re given?

the windows error is “an unexpected error is preventing the operation. make a note of this error code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this problem: Error 0x8007003A: the specified server cannot perform the requested  operation.”. 

thanks

Check to see if you’re connected via WebDAV instead of Windows Network.

Open a CMD window on your PC and issue the command

net use

and make sure nothing says “Web Client Network”

hi, i used net use command. the drive connected to the mybook live is status ok and network is “microsoft windows network”. all my drives at status “ok” and connected to MS windows network

I have also the same problem, but just from one computer. No problem with many other devices that I’m using it.

I’m running Windows Vista 7.

Any ideas?