My book live is slow over the internet for movie streaming

I have the Duo My book live installed in my home network. It is slow, and keep on freezing as it buffers. Worse when over the internet.

I have set up the port forwarding and it is working as WD instructed.

I have 15 mg download and 2 mg up load from home. and 30 mg download and 2 mg upload from office. But still slow.

How do I speed up movie streaming from my book live?

The industry standard definition of internet speed is “megabits” (MBps) per second, which doesnt actually exist. The actual speed is measured in MB/sec (megabytes per second).

To convert a megabit to a megabyte, you divide the megabit by 8 (as there are 8 bits in a byte).

In essence, your 2megabit upload, is actually 0.25 megabytes per second, so your connection can only upload 25 kilobytes per second (KB/s), which when your talking about a film (usually 1 or 2 GB), will take a very long time, hence the constant buffering.

I have the same issue as you, and im thinking about increasing my broadband to cope with this to a speed with 2.25 megabytes per second (18megabits).

To improve the speed inside your network, upgrade your router to a gigabit router, and if your streaming over wifi, use 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz. 

Hope this helps?

Basically correct,but your math is errant.

The typical abbreviation for MegaBITS per second is Mbps, not MBps.  (Lower case means bits, uppercase means bytes.)

And .25 megabytes is 250 kilobytes, not 25 kilobytes.  ;)

But either way, that’s definitely not sufficient for streaming video by a longshot.