Login from a friends

ok people ive only just got used to using wd2go on some apps but what i wouldd like to no please if i go to my friends what do you do to get on to mybooklive from his pc or laptop as i cant find a app for the pc cheers tony

Before you go to your friend’s place, log onto your MyBookLive drive and enable remote access by clicking on Settings > Remote Access > Configure > Remote Access , enable

Then at your friend’s place, go to  https://www.wd2go.com/ and sign in, you will have remote access to your drive and your contents show up in Windows Explorer on your friend’s PC. 

PS. A suggestion when posting on forums, to use proper punctuation and spelling, otherwise it’s really hard to read what you are trying to say. “I’ve” instead of “ive” and “know” instead of “no”, “can’t” for “cant”.  I had to read your post several times to understand what you were saying and substitute words for words you typed. So if you are looking for help, make it easy for people to help you. Don’t forget also on forums, there are people here for whom English is a 2nd or 3rd or 4th language, so texting shortcuts make it super hard to understand your problem. Save the shortcut texts for your friends, proper English in public. Thanks.

Something to add to TonyW’s post. 

WD2Go.com will only work once youve actually set up an account. Go to:

Settings>Remote Access>Web Access and click Register. 

When you do click register, select the user account (i use the default admin account) you want to assign to the Email Address, and follow the on screen instructions. 

HTH

OK first thank you for your replies my spelling is as good as it will ever be I am dyslexic so just try my best

post 2 i have now updated the firmware and opened a account with wd2go but I’m sure something is still wrong it says there is shares 6 but no folders to click on cheers tony49

ps its no good me using spell check as i don’t no what is wright and wrong

Hi,

My mybooklive is working fine as per this post. I can login to wd2go.com using the admin email and password to access mybooklive remotely.

I followed all the instructions to setup a new user and setup a share for them. However, despite receiving an email after registration, the added user cannot access the my book live remotely with the password I registered. Is there something else I have to do?

Mark