Jpg files not being displayed in MyCloud app

Hi all,

This is my first post so apologies if I’m in the wrong place.

I have a MyBookLive and have recently added my photo collection from a Mac without any issues. All files seem to be in a JPG format and display fine.

I then added some new photos from a PC running Windows 7 and they seem to be unreadable in the WD MyCloud app. They have a .jpg extension with a weird symbol after it as opposed to the .JPG extension that the rest have. There is a question mark on each file icon and I can see from the file size that the files aren’t empty.

I would attach a screenshot but can’t see any way of adding attachments.

Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks. Matt

A little further info,

None of the JPGs copied from my Mac are visable on the MyBook Live when connected to a Windows based PC.

It was my understanding that my drive was formatted in EXT3 and could therefore be read through both Mac OS and Windows?

Matt 

After getting no joy I have deleted the originals and copied and pasted from my Mac over WiFi which has worked.

I wonder if the error was due to the fact that I added the first time directly from a flash drive connected by USB to a Windows 7 PC which in turn was connected to the drive via ethernet.

This is bizarre. Nonetheless I am glad you have been able to discover a solution.

Regards,