iTunes

First off…sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I had no clue where to post it! However, it’s probably an easy enough question…hopefully anybody can answer.

Just curious…I now have the Mybooklive 3tb. It’s connected to my router, and working fine. (EXCEPT FOR THE SOOOO SLOW TRANSFER SPEED!! LOL But I can deal with it, as long as it keeps working. And I’m talking about SLOOOOW!!! I think I average 500kb-1mb a sec. Long story short…takes about 12 minutes to transfer a 1gb movie) anyways…that’s not what this is about…but any help with speed…would be awesome! lol My question…does anybody know if I’d be able to transfer my music library to Mybooklive, and not have any issues with iTunes?! I mean, does it stay on constant, where Itunes can pick it up, or what would I have to do?!

Sorry if that’s a question that makes no sense…I hope it did! Mainly what I’m asking…I transfer my huge library to mybooklive that’s connected to my router. My music is no longer on my pc. Will I have issues with iTunes later?! 

Thanks in advance, and sorry for sounding like a ■■■■■! lol

"My music is no longer on my pc. Will I have issues with iTunes later?! "

Besides speeds issues, probably no.

But if you need help with the speeds, you need to provide a lot more info, such as what is the setup, wire vs wireless (a/b/g/n), gig vs 100, router model, etc etc.

Thank you for the reply.

I have mybooklive 3TB connected to my U-verse router. I use it with my laptop, and I have 18mb internet with U-verse. Is there anything else I could provide?! I’m using the router U-verse provides.

Also…random question. Is there anyway that connecting mybooklive to my router…could actually slow my internet down?! I’ve noticed since I connected it a little over a week ago, my signal (bars on my laptop) has dropped 2 bars. I’ve never had this issue. 

Don’t get me wrong…for the price I payed for Mybooklive, and the storage I get…you can’t beat it! I can totally **bleep** up the transfer speed…for the value of storage I get! lol

Thanks again!!

"Is there anyway that connecting mybooklive to my router…could actually slow my internet down?! 

• No. Unless somehow, there is access to/from the internet to the MBL. The more machines accessing the internet at the same time at your house, the more people sharing the same connection.

“I’ve noticed since I connected it a little over a week ago, my signal (bars on my laptop) has dropped 2 bars.”

• Well, the MBL and the internet, have nothing to do with the signal strength of the wireless signal.

And since it seems you are connected via wireless, chances are that is your weakest link, you did not provide more details. but for wireleess “g” you would get about 2MBs max. Nevertheless, it should work fine.