iTunes sync and general problems

Ha… it’s ok I guess the use of caps kinda threw me. All good. :smiley:

Truthfully I have no idea what you just said. I have an older traditional video ipod I have set up with my personal development library that was on an external 250 gig drive and a seperate itunes library than my music library which syncs with my ipod touch. Basically I moved all the files from the library on the external drive to the network drive and all the files from my laptop to the network drive and updated the location of both libraries in Itunes. I’m not sure if that is using it as a server or just changing the drive and the locations of the files. I’m having to sync them over the network though through my Linksys router.

Seemingly the connection between the laptop and the router is causing the sync problems and the file transfer being slower. I don’t know how to measure speeds I just know that moving files from one drive to another typically go considerably faster than this.

I’m good at doing instructions so if you have a way for me to tell you numbers on transfer I can do it. Running Windows 7 and the router is a Linksys WRT54GS

Other than that. I don’t know what to tell you. LOL