iTunes server not working properly

my MBL is on a localhost (lan) with serveral mac’s

One mac is a PPC with osx 10.5 and iTunes 9 on it , this one connects perfect with the iTunes server.

the other mac’s are intel with osx 10.6 and iTunes 10 , and these can not connect with the iTunes server.

they can see the MBL but no files are listed.

can someone give me a pointer in the right direction.

T.I.A. 

Is your MBL firmware up to date?

You may take a look at this:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8412/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNzI0NTIyOC9zaWQvS3o3SUVOT2s…

I’m running MyBookLive, with Firmware 02.10.09-124 : Core F/W, and iTunes 10.6.  The problem still exists.  I hope WD and Apple can work together to resolve these issues.  I bought this product to make life easier for my family and I to share files, but that has not been the case so far.

Each time I go to use a feature listed in the documentation, it does not work as advertised.  Currently, I can only use MyBookLive for a central storage location or network public share.  The private shares only work with Windows. 

While Apple and WD point the finger at each other, the consumer is the one that winds up getting the short end of the deal.

Hopefully future products can work as advertised with both Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems.