How to activate WD 2go and WD photo?

i’ve properly setup Mybook Live and downloded WD2GO and WDPHOTO to my ip4. I was asked to enter “activation code” when i swich on these 2 software. but there is no such code. i’ve checked user manue of Mybook Live, it mentioned that i should enter Mionet password to get connected using these 2 software. apparently it doesnt work out like that… please help.

You should download the latest manual from our website. That should have the steps to do this.

What you want to do is go into the dashboard ( http://MyBookLive - or whatever you named it).

Click on Settings. Then click on Remote Access. Make sure the Remote Access Checkbox is set to “Enable”.

Then click on the Mobile Devices Tab. At that point, you should see a “Add Access” button. Click on that. Then select the user account (probably Admin is your default user) and select the “Get Code” button. After a few seconds, you should see a 12 digit (separated into 3 sections) code appear. This is the Device Acess Code that you enter into the Mobile App when it asks for the code.

let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks! But it seems every iPad, iPhone, Android needs separate code to activate.   Also once activated all information under the Shared directory can be displayed but not Private Share

Yes - every device needs a separate activation code.

Every account has access to Public. If you want an account to have a private folder, you need to create a user with a private folder (or you could add one to the default Admin account).

What question were you asking?

Can not locate the “Mobile Devices Tab”  please advise

Look for Mobile Access tab (Not sure if I said Mobile Device). If you don’t have this tab, then you don’t have the latest firmware.

A few days ago, we configured our IPAD.

Today, trying to activate an android device, we go back to the Get Acces code but the screens flips quikcly without showing the code.  Anything we could try?

WD Tony

i just updated firmware to 2.10.  The dash will still not generate the activation code i need.  instead it tells me "Error 30000 - unknown error.  Please ensure you are not facing netword connectivity issues and try again. (save_mobileaccess_403).  Is there something i need to do with the gateway or IP settings?  it is set to DCHP.

Hey is someone going to reply to this guy?  I’m having the same problem.