Hacked

In asking the previous questions, I was looking for potential points of entry.  Bits of malware are never just bits of malware.  That junk can slow your pc down and give access to it.  If it’s quarantined then good.  But I would regularly run a virus scan (once a week should do) to make sure that you’re not collecting other malware/viruses. 

I would also go through your Programs in Control Panel and make sure that you don’t have something installed that could be causing you problems.  That doesn’t mean you just arbitrarily start uninstalling.  So, you may need to Google search program names in order to find out what they belong to.

If what you’re concerned about is the overall performance of your pc’s as you use the device, then you need to consider what Tony is saying.  Also, if you’re using the WD My Cloud app on your home network, which is fine, you should consider just using shares to access media on the My Cloud.  With the app, you’re essentially going out and back into your network, when you don’t need to.

1 Like