Firmware update frozen on the middle of the process

Hi,

I have a WD My Book Live 2T. I tried to do the firmware update through the Dashboard but it has failed.

It frozen on the 10% of the instalation and I received a message that the process have failed. The LED turn white/violet and I saw on the manual that describes as “Firmware is currently being updated.” I tried to reboot through the Dashboard too and it took a while and failed and gave the message error message as well (i do not recall it right now).

After a few minutes the LED went green and now is white/violet.

Can anybody help me on how should I proceed?

Thanks

1 Like

Rijofe wrote:

Hi,

I have a WD My Book Live 2T. I tried to do the firmware update through the Dashboard but it has failed.

It frozen on the 10% of the instalation and I received a message that the process have failed. The LED turn white/violet and I saw on the manual that describes as “Firmware is currently being updated.” I tried to reboot through the Dashboard too and it took a while and failed and gave the message error message as well (i do not recall it right now).

After a few minutes the LED went green and now is white/violet.

Can anybody help me on how should I proceed?

Thanks

After a few minutes I noticed that the LED went solid yellow and I know that it was loading the OS, so it was rebooting.

I went to the dashboard again and it show that was updated.

My guess is that it frozen during the updated because it could not boot and after I command to boot, it went well.

All that plus not synch update messages.

Lucky me it went well.