Error 80070043: The network name cannot be found

I have getting these errors for the past week. does anyone have this problem? how to solve it? thanks

Hello simongoh2000, what are you trying to do when you get that error message?

Ichigo wrote:

Hello simongoh2000, what are you trying to do when you get that error message?

Hi ichigo, thanks for replying. I was trying to access the folder created previously in the Shared Music folder. I have no trouble accessing the folder via Windows Explorer until several days when I keep getting the error message. Resetting the HDD doesn’t help. And after resetting, the error now becomes 80070035. Please help. Thanks.

Have you tried connecting the My Book directly to the PC to see if you can access it? 

With all due respect, if I wanted to connect to my machine directly I would not get a NAS drive :wink:

I am having the same issue but not consistently

(both machines are Win 7 Pro 64-bit)

One machine (laptop, frequently disconnected and reconnected to network):

- Windows backup cannot find the drive (It could until a week ago)

- I cannot browse to the drive from “Network”, “MyBookLive” (I could, until a week ago)

- I CAN browse to the drive using a local drive mapped previously

Other machine (never removed from the network)

- everything works

FYI, I was having the issue, I noticed the update.while trying to fix it, updated to 02.43.03-022 and nothing changed.

i totally agree with ilnadi. now that the MBL is directly connected to my laptop, i’m still getting “network path cannot be found”, “connection cannot be restored”. what is going on?

i updated to the latest firmware 2 days ago and it managed to identify my MBL, right after the update. after that, it’s back to old error.

i am wondering if i can get a replacement for a MB with the same capacity, 3TB. i’m getting tired from all the tries and failures.

ilnadi wrote:

With all due respect, if I wanted to connect to my machine directly I would not get a NAS drive :wink:

I am having the same issue but not consistently

(both machines are Win 7 Pro 64-bit)

One machine (laptop, frequently disconnected and reconnected to network):

- Windows backup cannot find the drive (It could until a week ago)

- I cannot browse to the drive from “Network”, “MyBookLive” (I could, until a week ago)

- I CAN browse to the drive using a local drive mapped previously

Other machine (never removed from the network)

- everything works

FYI, I was having the issue, I noticed the update.while trying to fix it, updated to 02.43.03-022 and nothing changed.

Hi lnadi, this is just a troubleshooting step to rule out possible causes for the problem. 

Ichigo wrote:

Have you tried connecting the My Book directly to the PC to see if you can access it? 

I’m trying to connect My Book directly to the PC via ethernet port. My PC cannot detect the drive using WD discovery and WD Link program. Please help.

Are you able to connect to the MBL with Samba server (windows explorer)?

Are you able to connect to the MBL web-interface with your browser?

Are you able to connect to the MBL with teh remote mycloud feature?

Are you able to connect to the MBL with SSH access?

Are you able to connect to the MBL with a Mac?

Are you able to connect to the MBL media server (Twonky or DLNA)?

You need to determine which of the vairous servers you are having trouble with.  The MBL runs quite a few different server programs for various types of access.  Sometimes there can be a problem with one and not another. If you have a problem with all of them, then you know you have a O/S or hardware problem.

wdlive76 wrote:

Are you able to connect to the MBL with Samba server (windows explorer)?

Are you able to connect to the MBL web-interface with your browser?

Are you able to connect to the MBL with teh remote mycloud feature?

Are you able to connect to the MBL with SSH access?

Are you able to connect to the MBL with a Mac?

Are you able to connect to the MBL media server (Twonky or DLNA)?

You need to determine which of the vairous servers you are having trouble with.  The MBL runs quite a few different server programs for various types of access.  Sometimes there can be a problem with one and not another. If you have a problem with all of them, then you know you have a O/S or hardware problem.

i am unable to connect to the MBL web-interface with browser.

you answered one question out of 6.  If you want other users to help you, you have to help yourself first.