Dnla media database probs

i am having probs with my livebook …all movie files are still showing in explorer/finder on pc and macs but when i log into livebook dashboard my video files arent showing in the database or available on smart tvs etc… up to now its been problem free…i think the probs started when i logged in via my new windows 8 machine …any help would be great as its xmas and i doubt wd will reply

NO help then ?

ive emailed supoort again now … even if i add new video files to the drive its not showing them anywhere except in my mac finder windows…windows 8 just says the folders are empty but the wd dashboard at the bottom is still indicating the 1.7tb used up.

ive now resorted to going out and buying a hd to back it all up with and try a system restore …possibly with the aid of a large hammer :slight_smile:

login the web UI and click shares then click the share the files are located in there should be a field called media serving I’m using twonky so it might look slightly different but its there

Capture.PNG

thanks fpr the reply but thats not the issue… the streaming has been working for 3months but now it doesnt update the database when i add new movies etc to the folders…then when i log into the dashboard it loses a HUGE proportion of the files in the database for the streaming… the files are still on the drive but not showing in database so not able to pick them up and watch them through smart tv etc etc … its one big balls up and trying to get sorted with support is a big joke.

hmm yeah I’m having some problems of my own I tried switching media servers to see what buttons/features are available in order to help you out and I get error 30404 when I try switching -__-. WD Support can take a few days if not a week or two to reply at times best thing to do is be patient or call them.

I have a very similar problem. I have a 3TB WD My Book Live as network server and have copied all my media to this. However, whilst I can access it all from my PC and laptop, my Sony BDP-S570 blue ray player will only see some of the video files (the .avi ones). It sees all the other media (mp3’s, jpegs etc) without problem. I’ve tried moving the files around but to no avail. Help, please, somebody!

I don’t know if this will help. I was trying to work out why my MBL would not ‘reveal’ .trp streaming files to my TV Live. The TV Live was ok with them from a local drive. After a search on this forum I found that the DNLA server has been optionally changed from Twonky to a WD dnla. So I changed to the WD one  and it worked. Maybe some other file types might be similarly affected.

ive had a few replies from wd on this matter and still havnt got anywhere with it all … they send me links to follow to install twonky etc and because it wasnt on there in teh first place it wont let me install …i reply to them and still a week before i actually get a response… this is quite possibly the worst customer service ive ever had from a company with a device thats obviously not fit to do the job intended … it works great as an external hard drive for storing files but the media streaming lets it down completely … ive emptied the drive and done system factory restore and all that and still having same issues now ive loaded stuff back on . i think im going to save my energy and save some cash for a decent alternative to this product.