Dlna database and international characters

Hello, 

thanks for the help but yes, I did the following tries :

1. get rid of non-ascii in the filenames

2. get rid of non-ascii in the FLAC tag with an editor

3. rescan and reconstruct the database

I finally found that a lot of defective songs/album are in the “unknow” artist in artist/album category. All the songs with names or album or artist  (e.g. Sinéad O’connor)  with problematic names are there. Son an album has a few songs right under the artist and a few other under the “unknown” artist.  I get this from my cambridge audio stream magic sound 6, from its app and from another app (BubbleUpnp on android).

I really do not know how to get rid of that problem. I know the files are there, it is when the database is built that the problem arises. Also, my CASM6 has no problem displaying the non-ascii characters …

Also, if I try to access the songs via the “folder” search category, I can see the songs with non-ascii character but they are showed in the wrong order, they are displayed first (with the xx track number I use to name my files) and then the songs that are in the database are showed. 

And finally, there is a song with non-ascii character that appears just at the right place for reason I do not understand.

I hope this all makes some sens somehow. 

In the meantime, I just wonder how the database is built and how I could modify my library accordingly.

Cheers.

S. Biner