Occasional Visitor
bizdevsd

can't access files on My Book Live

[ Edited ]

I am on Windows 7. I did my first back up to the My Book Live using the File Backup mode instead of the category mode. I can see the backup took place on the WD however I can't access the files in any way even to retrieve the data.

I have also accessed it by FTP, however all folders are empty.

I have set up a drive and I can see it on my network, but I can't see any of the files that were backed up. Within my network, I can see all of my Share Lists, but all of them are empty.

It looks like it did not backup up into a volume or a share, just into default which I can't access.

Please help, need to access.

Honored Contributor
Wizer

Re: can't access files on My Book Live

Smartware backups are transferred to a hidden partition

this is convenient to avoid corruption on the backup

try //mybooklive/smartware to see if the files are showing

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
bizdevsd

[ Edited ]

This worked. Thank you.

I did have to change the initial name as I did change my device name.

Honored Contributor
Wizer

Good to know

yes I just added the default name, good thing you figure it out

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD