Advisor
sankarmukh

admin password

Hi,

I purchased last week WD MBL  2Tb drive.  Initially, I had a lot of  problems but after uploading new firmware , new WD Smartware etc,  I am making progress. I documented them in another post.

Now, when I am creating users from dashboard, I see there is an admin account and probably I am admin. I don't recall setting up any password for admin. Before this thing gets out of hand, is the default password for admin in dashboard settings is null ?

I do see " update password" for admin, but I am reluctant to do it because I might lock myself out.

Any help is appreciated.

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: admin password

[ Edited ]

Yes, by default the My book will only have the Admin user, the username and password is admin/admin, you can change the password from the dashboard but if you forget it you can always press the reset button on your My Book to put it back to the default password without deleting any of your files.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Honored Contributor
Vadir

Re: admin password

The default password to login to the MBL dashboard is admin.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and click 'Accept as Solution' under options, for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD