Windows 8.1 Connection Issues

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 - WD MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W - WD Driver 2.2.0.7 (nasdevice.xml & dms_descr.xml)

Has any advancement been made on the intermittent connection problems with the above setup?

Have now secured my device with a password which has improved things a little (although thought that this latest firmware was supposed to fix issues ‘… of inaccessible shares in Windows 8 for accounts that do not have a password set’).

My main problem is with a slightly older application that I have to run in Windows XP compatibility mode. Whilst accessing the drive through this program, I am unable to access it at all through Windows Explorer (error 0x80070035). Allowing for a short pause after closing this application, grants full access again but cannot then get application to reconnect (error 0x80070043). Sometimes, the only way to gain access via the application again is to reboot the computer.

There are no actual drive mappings & I have removed & recreated all user credentials but cannot seem to get concurrent use. Any help gratefully received & happy to perform any other troubleshootong suggestions.

Hello scb31, have you tried setting a static IP for the My Book Live? This could help to give you a more stable connection. Can you share the name of the older application that you are using?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Ichigo.

I haven’t tried a static IP address yet but to be honest, cannot see it improving things much as the drive has been permanently connected & so dynamic address has not actually changed or lease been renewed.

The older app. in question is clearlybookkeeping QuickBooks Pro 2003 (qb32.exe). Whilst continually having problems with this and can accept that it maybe because it is an old app., there is still something basically wrong as I also have intermittent problems when trying to access the drive through mutiple explorer windows. I have also noticed that mapped drives, whilst appearing under the ‘This PC’ explorer window, do not show up when searching for them in other programs.

Still investigating …