Windows 7 can't find MBL. HELP ASAP

Hi,

I have a MBL hooked up to our router, it is up and running smoothly. Both of the Macs can access it and backup to it with no problems what so ever.

My mom has a Toshiba laptop running windows 7 and the blasted thing can’t find the perfectly working Hard drive… I tried inserting the CD… it can’t find it. I’ve tried downloading the WD link software… it finds it, but when i create a shortcut to the desktop and click on it it says “Windows cannot access”.

Am i missing something simple? Or does this happen alot… or what?

Help ASAP would be very much appreciated. Otherwise… I may just pull out all my hair.

ALSO

The Windows computer has all the discovery options turned on in the network advanced settings.

and it still won’t work. -__-

I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER!

apparently… >.> and i say this reluctlently… This laptop has AVG running on it… and the firewall was being super protective and annoying… I changed it to ‘home network’ and then it found MBL.

Hope you enjoyed watching me figure this out. Maybe it can be helpful for others?

haha :slight_smile:

lol. you solved yourself. very cool

hi mmundy13,

I’m having similar problem on my gf’s computer which is also toshiba running windows7. I tried to turn off AVG (and windows firewall) but it didn’t help.

What did you mean by “I changed it to ‘home network’ and then it found MBL.”? What AVG setting have you changed?