Windows 7 WD MBL Driver: Is it for the better or worse?

Hi everyone

My PC is running Win7 x64. Today it was the first time since I installed MBL in my network that I checked Device Manager. Saw a yellow exclamation mark for MBL. I never noticed any issues with it working in windows, I could see it in network, I could access files etc. I checked in Windows Update and saw that there were drivers for it (also for my WDTV Live). Downloaded both. Since then, I noticed two things:

a) Drive seems more ‘busy’ even when I do nothing on it. Light flashes occasionally and it doesn’t go to stand by as easily as before (my setting is 10 minutes).

b) Even if it goes to stand by, it wakes up easily, after seconds or a few minutes.

Both a and b were not happening before so I am wondering if this updated driver (it is from WD) is for better or worse. So far, it seems worse. I have a ghost image and can revert all system back…

Hi, if you updated the MBL firmware you wont be able to go back to the later version, try pressing the reset button on the back of the MBL for 4 seconds and see if that helps.

Hi. My question was not about f/w. My question was about Windows7 driver (yes, you need that one as well). Thanks. And as I already posted in thistopic, the driver already caused a mess…

Really? In my case I don’t see it on the device manager.

This is what I see in device manager before installing the driver.

After I install the driver, my PC keeps freezing all the time.