When try to make backup from MBL to laptop, it doesn't see share folders on the laptop

Hi everyone,

So the problem is that when MBL fiends my laptop as a device in network, I enter log in and pass and it writes me that it didn’t find any share folders on my pc although I made them and those folders are available for sharing.

Is there anybody who has the same problem?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

I used to have that issue for me it was a simple firewall isssue so try the following,

1. make sure that uPnP is enabled on your router as smartware uses it to detect the My Book Live

2. make sure that your routers firewall isn’t blocking the connection by turning your routers firewall off

Thank you for your reply,

I have checked it again and on my routers setting firewall is off and UpnP is on, but what i don’t know and didnt find anywhere is how to enable UpnP in Windows 8 Core. So far as I know, it should be activated in laptop as well.

Do you have any more idea why MBL cannot see shares on PC?

Thank you in advance,

Anna.

Any other idea is highly appreciated:smiley:

well i re-read your post and i made a mistake the first time i thought your laptop wasn’t detecting the MBL, but from what your saying the MBL isn’t dectecting shares on your laptop. As far as thats concerned I wouldn’t even know how that can be done, why do you need the MBL to have access to shares on your laptop if you don’t mind me asking?

of course i don’t mind :slight_smile:

When you make via MBL settings a safe point of MBL data, you need to store somewhere this safe point. As soon as i don’t have any other storage device, i want to store it on my home laptop. So when i choose  my laptop as a device to safe this safe point, MBL doesn’t see shares on my laptop. I don’t know why… I don’t have a clue…

Well I actually don’t use safe point but for the purpose of troublshooting I went ahead and tried it out and it workes for me. Are you sure that you set the proper persmissions for this share? If you’d like I can walk you through what I did, if so what operating system are you using.