What... The

Ok. I’m going to do my best to stay calm.

MY power just blinked. I was in the MyBook UI, adding a share. When it came back, it informed me that it was initializing.

As i feared, it wiped the data partition.

Like… gone.

Suggestions?

No point. WD’s scripts are unforgiving. Looks like i’m done for a while.

Are you getting DataVolume failed to mount errors?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Data-Volumes-failed-to-Mount/m-p/556170#M20534

No, I wasn’t, that’s why I assumed it wiped it. /DataVolume was definitely mounted, and the directory structure was definitely destroyed… except apparently it wasn’t and I reacted too soon.  Because it was all back when I got up this morning.

It pulled the mount down to run an integrity check of some type, and seems to have mounted a temp folder while it did so.

… or something like that

Yeah the power outage probably just corrupted the filesystem on the datavolume

I wonder if it unmounted /dev/sda4 and ran a fsck /dev/sda4

but now performance is totally shot. I’m really starting to despise this box… nearly ready to turn it into a 3TB expansion for my desktop.

Edit: I’m pretty sure that’s what it did

Hahaaa that fixed it. I’ve learned that sometimes, you just have to publicly threaten technology in order to get it to cooperate.

I threaten to scrap it, and suddenly it starts working again.

So… what happened? Did you lose the data partition or it mounted back OK? :open_mouth:

I’ve lost power while the disk was working several times and never experienced something like that.

umm… it was gone… but then it wasn’t.

Everything is back where it should be, now, and the performance has returned to normal. Although, for some reason, it removed the user I created via the UI when I set up my box…

I didn’t think it was a mount issue, because I could still cd to /DataVolume and run ls. It said that the only folder was /DataVolume/cache/…

I’m gonna hope it was just a one-time thing. But it’s time to start looking into automated off-site data backups.