Weird problem with MBL

Okay so I have a MBL 3TB NAS.

It has been working fine for months, until now.

I just recently built a new PC, running windows 8.1 (like all my other machines)

Under ‘Network’ it displays the drive, and I can open it and see all of my shared folders… no problems so far, I can access all of them, except the ‘Public’ folder (which is where I have everything stored!)

When I try to access it, I get an error message saying:

‘Windows cannot access \Public’ You do not have permission to access \Public Contact your Network Admin to request access’

Now here where it confuses me, another user on this new machine can access all of the folders without any problems, so I suspect it’s a Windows error, but I dont know how to fix it.

I dont get any error codes, so its kind of hard to Google.

I have tried mapping the network drive, and I get the following;

‘The Network folder specified using a different name and password. To connect using a different name and password, first disconnect any existitng mappings to this network share’

However, when I go to ‘disconnect network drive’ the list is empty.

so I’m stumped

Any help would be gratefully recieved, thank you.

Hello,

Seems like a Windows error. Try to create a new user on the Dashboard with full control and map a private share with the new private user, then access the public share afterwards.

district_11 wrote:

When I try to access it, I get an error message saying:

‘Windows cannot access \Public’ You do not have permission to access \Public Contact your Network Admin to request access’

That’s the wrong syntax.   You need to provide a hostname.  Something like:

\mybooklive\public

Not

\Public

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion, I tried that multiple times yesterday and I have been mulling the problem over at work today and I had an idea

I checked on my other machines which email address I used as a login and it was different to the one I’d used on my new machine (which would suggest why the other admin user was able to access the public folder)

Swapped the account so they all match, rebooted and I now have full access again :smiley:

Thankyou for your help