Web interface not working Y_Y

Good afternoon kind people of the board hope you are all well! :slight_smile:

I got a new shiney my book live 2TB for my parents as a reaplcement media centre drive and its working great. I got it all set up to show up in XBMC and stream, email me for problems and allow me remote access but then today it crashed, rebooted

Then it wouldnt let me log in with the ower password (ran in circles, when i entered the password one page would load (startagain.do maybe) then login would show. When i entered the wrong password this doesnt happen just shows incorrect password. This got annoying so i tryed rebooting it, no avil, then i tryed the reset button

Now i get a white page where the web server for the UI is not sending anything back -_-, i do not have ssh on the box activated (uh oh …). I know the webserver is running as it sends 403 not allowed back to https requests, and a wireshark capture is showing 200ok on page requests, ive found a few simmlar things laying around these forums but they never seem to be posted saying a solved answer >_<

The drive itself is working and shares are veiwable and ediatble so its not a total loss at the moment, but id rather take it back and swap it

As the drive is but a day old im quite worried xD

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

edit:- should say tried the reboot though power, reset button, multipul browsers and the firmware is 2.42.03-027

Take it back and exchange as there is nothing you can do to fix it without SSH or dashboard access

1 Like

Thats what ive had to do shamefully … ive learned from my mistake and ssh is on from the get go xD Thanks anyway :slight_smile: