Web WD2GO FAILS in IE 9 (unable to return to the page) and Chrome 27 (The network cannot be found)

New install. Web access is enabled.

Shares seems to work fine from \mybooklive

I am able to login from both browsers.

Java updatd on win 7 x64. I’m testing this from inside my network. the ip that shows up at the top is local subnet.

In IE 9 (from windows 7 x64),

Shows the device, but then I click on Shares I get we were unable to return to the page you were viewing

In Chrome 27 (from windows 7 x64)  I just get the network cannot be found.

That’s very weird.   The URL you’re showing on the second screenshot (even though it’s marked out) is obviously an IP address.

It shouldn’t be.  It should be an external URL.

In my case, both IE9 and chrome are working fine.

Since WD 2go web browsing is really only designed to work from EXTERNAL locations (not your local network) it might have something to do with that…

It is an IP… an internal IP subnet address.  But I did not assign it that address DHCP did. I don’t recall any setup step where it asked for my domain or static IP. What does yours have?

I have a static IP and a arouter with port forwarding… and maybe that is my issue and am wondering what my setup steps should be

WD2GO is also failing from my android phone when I’m not on Wiffi which is likely related.

So I setup port forwarding and am able to acces sthe configuration from the outside and access from the app on my mobile phone over 4g works. but still can’t access via wd2go.com

Now in Chrome 27 I authenticate and when I click on the device or shares. I get some weird IP I’ve never seen before.  That’s not my external address. Everything else is working great.

I’ve turned off the PC firewall and  router Firewall. I confirmed the Workgroups match. I’ve tried form another PC - same issue.

cyberpine wrote:

It is an IP… an internal IP subnet address.  

Right.  That’s what I’m saying.  It should NOT be an IP address, it should be an external hostname.

Something like:

mybooklive-device1234567.wd2go.com

Not sure what was going on but only appears to look that way from Chrome from my intranet.

I’m at work now and it looks correct, but I get a different issue here from their network from a Win7x64 IE 9 client

Get certificate error, even after adding the host to trusted sites:

If I continue just times out.

I do have that 8043 port correctly routing and am able to open up the admin from work on a different port w no problems.

I’m not sure what changed or when.  Possibly nothing I did?

But after adding the host to Trusted sites in IE  and then then updating java for Chrome suddently WD2GO works from IE (at work) .  Not sure what’s going on at home.

Now if only I could easily get to these shares from a Chromebook this would be perfect for me.

Thanks.