Regular Visitor
janfredrik
Accepted Solution

Web UI problem

I got a problem with my device. I can access the device from SSH, FTP and network shares, but the Web UI is acting VERY weird.

When i'm trying to access users, shares, safepoints, I get various error messages like:

32102 - Error retrieving user information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.

33166 - Error retrieving share information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.

33166 - Error retrieving share information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.

The settings tab seems to work - exept the Utilities tab. It just says "Please wait".

I have tried to run this:  /usr/local/sbin/factoryRestore.sh noreformat - with no success.

Any ways to fix this problem? I have three backup files (SDA_MBR_FREESPACE, SDA1_IMA, SDA2_IMA)

Honored Contributor
nfodiz

Re: Web UI problem

[ Edited ]
I should be able to get you back up. Follow my guide linked below and post your results

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Restore-Downgrade-firmware-via-the-reset-button/td-p/...
Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Regular Visitor
janfredrik

Thank you very much! Worked perfect

Honored Contributor
nfodiz

You are very welcome :smileyhappy:
Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Frequent Advisor
TheD0m1n0

Hi,

WD should make this a build in feature,

everytime you update your firmware the old on is placed in a hidden spot on the hd, pressing the resetbutton will just reset the mbl to factory default, yet holding it in for x amount of time will rollback to the firmware it has stored, no more bricked or broken (through firmware update) mbl ever again.

It would be a good security feature and would offer security for users hesitant to update like me.

Honored Contributor
nfodiz

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing so though, I just don't know what they are...
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD