Web UI problem

I got a problem with my device. I can access the device from SSH, FTP and network shares, but the Web UI is acting VERY weird.

When i’m trying to access users, shares, safepoints, I get various error messages like:

32102 - Error retrieving user information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.

33166 - Error retrieving share information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.

33166 - Error retrieving share information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.

The settings tab seems to work - exept the Utilities tab. It just says “Please wait”.

I have tried to run this:  /usr/local/sbin/factoryRestore.sh noreformat - with no success.

Any ways to fix this problem? I have three backup files (SDA_MBR_FREESPACE, SDA1_IMA, SDA2_IMA)

I should be able to get you back up. Follow my guide linked below and post your results

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Restore-Downgrade-firmware-via-the-reset-button/td-p/481588

1 Like

Thank you very much! Worked perfect

You are very welcome :slight_smile:

Hi,

WD should make this a build in feature,

everytime you update your firmware the old on is placed in a hidden spot on the hd, pressing the resetbutton will just reset the mbl to factory default, yet holding it in for x amount of time will rollback to the firmware it has stored, no more bricked or broken (through firmware update) mbl ever again.

It would be a good security feature and would offer security for users hesitant to update like me.

Couldn’t agree with you more. I’m sure they have their reasons for not doing so though, I just don’t know what they are…