Wdmycloud redirects to Oracle.com

I’ve read all the threads I could possibly find on this issue and I can’t fix the problem. I uninstall Java and reinstall Java, I check and verify that Java is working. I look for old versions of Java that could be a problem, but nothing is working. Everytime I try to access my wdmycloud.com and I click on my book, it immediately kicks me to Oracle.com. I’m running Windows 8.1 and I’m using IE.

It seems that running the login on Chrome works, so the issue is strictly with Internet Explorer. Any thoughts of what I need to do?

Enable Java in the Internet Explorer settings.

I appreciate the answer but honestly if you’re asking me to enable scripting of java applets in the security tab, it was already enabled. If you’re asking me to do something else, could you please give me more of a step by step instruction. I’m not computer illiterate, however, I’ve never experienced this type of problem before this situation.

I believe I have the same problem, Java 7.45 is enabled in IE options.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times as well as rebooted yet it still goes to the Oracle site every time I click on devices?  (windows 8.1, ie is in desktop)

don’t know how for IE. But for Firefox, when you get to the offending page, you put the cursor over the little red castle in teh address bar. some options will be shown. select enable for all times.

all these java/oracle redirects are because of a default setting in the new version of the java plug in which blocks quite a few sites from operating on.

I have IE11 and the latest update of Java (7.45) installed and enabled.  Java has been reset to defaults for prompts, etc.

I am still getting redirected to the Oracle site after entering password for access to shares.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java numerous times and continue to get redirected to the Oracle site.

In IE11, there is a brief flash of a prompt window but it is too quick to read befor the redirection to the oracle site happens.

In Firefox, after acceptng many warnings about certificates and unsafe sites, I can finally access my shares.

Is anyone from WD actually working to fix this?

1 Like

Any news on IE11 issue?

WD - nobody can give a solution?

I get the same issue but with Java7 Update51.

In Chrome error reported is

“Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://[myCloud-device].wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/MapDrive.jar?v=18

looks like a scipting error by WD!?

it always seems to be that chrome screws up settings for IE…   we know there is no love between MS and Google. 

this is total BS.  i guess i’ll try and re-install java again.

well, re-installing java did not help.

IE 11 even in compatibility mode.

cant access my music from work.  great. 

maybe the solution is get rid of IE 11.

i’m trying that next.

looks like WD doesn’t care.