WD2GO sign in attempt but get redirected to javawebsite not shares!

Sign in, select drive, enter user password and get redirected to java? how do i get this to work?

Bear in mind it works fine on my laptop, just not on my Surface Pro using internet explorer.

Also cant get through WD2GO initial login on google chrome?

Anyone … HEEEEEELLLLPPPP?

Thanks, John

johnjohncamman wrote:

Sign in, select drive, enter user password and get redirected to java? how do i get this to work?

Typically that’s happening because Java isn’t working on your browser.

Can you run the WD My Cloud Desktop app on your Surface Pro?

It is a my book live, so the app doesnt work. There isnt a windows app for cloud access. i assumed it is a java problem, but that still cant make it :\

johnjohncamman wrote:
It is a my book live, so the app doesnt work. 

Not sure what that means… The My Cloud Desktop app works with all WD NASes from the My Book Live and later.

Hi there. On the windows 8.1 surface pro app store it is only a viewer for products on the same network. I am using wd2go for when im away from home. The my cloud app is only available for ios and android, which is working fine as is the connection on my win 7 laptop at home. 

I have tried the normal windows program again, as i tried it earlier and it failed. However it is working, but i am at home so i will have to try it now it is working on the go!

i am having the same issues. Now i cant even get passed the logon screen.

the problem began for me once i upgraded to internet explorer 11.
None of my pcs and surface pro will log on. even my work pc won’t logon to wd2go.Com.

however, i have two other pc’s, running win 7 with internet explorer 10. both allow me to logon and show my shares on the pc.
I decided to conduct an experiment. I updated internet explorer 10 to 11 on one pc.
sure enought i was not able to logon to wd2go. It just won’t go beyond the login page.

just curious, is your laptop running any other version of internet explorer besides 11?

the wd desktop app allows connectivity to my drives however it is lacking in features and not being able to map my shares to my remote pc’s makes it useless in my type of work enviroment.

before all this began, i was able to do the following with the wd mybooklive:

-My booklive is stationed at my home office.

-i have a share with my invoicing program file and outlook file in it.

upon completing services at remote locations, i was able to map that share to my surface and write up invoices localy on my surface which my invoicing program would access trought the shared folder on the mapped share.
This kept my invoicing up to date in all my stations, home, shop, and on the go, without me having to manually sync these files at every location.

i have tried every possibility. Nothing works. any browser i try, none work. So we might assume java might play a role in this. I apologize for not having some sort of solution or workaround for you but thats more than what wd has given their users for this problem.

it looks to me like wd needs to catch up to the new security implementations in java, or microsoft and other paid cloud services are in cahootz to bump this kind of equipment off the market so that users use their paid cloud services instead.

My book live and ex2 are now sitting on the shelve collecting dust and i’m back to using dropbox for these files, and microsoft’s onedrive for programs and utilities. both paid services.

if anyone has a simple workaround to the above please let the community know. It will be greatly appreciated.

As Tony mentioned, use the new app, My Cloud Desktop app. This new version has not Java dependencies.

Thank you for your replies.

by mapping my share on a remote computer, my programs can have direct access to the files real-time.

before all these issues with wd2go.Com began, i was able to logon to wd2go.Com. access my MBL,

select “Show share in explorer”. Which mounts that share to the windows explorer. did this at both, shop and home office computers.

thats it. mounted shares remained as part of my explorer until i unmount the share if i chose to do so. even if i turned off the computer, the shares get remounted upon booting up back to windows.
now my programs have direct access to my files and these are kept up to date at both locations. similar to dropbox.

sample;

from shop pc, i run notepad, file/open, navigate to mounted share, open file. edit file. File/save. Thats it.

from home pc, i run notepad, file/open, navigate to mounted share, open same file which now reflects the changes i made at the shop. do some more editing,__ File/save. Thats it. 

(i used notepad as an example only)

This kept my invoicing up to date in all my stations, home, shop, and on the go, without me having to manually sync these files at every location."

if there is a way that the wd desktop app can allow me to do this or any workaround would be greatly appreciated.
i’m sure there’s a way, i’m just not savy enought to figure this one out.