WD's DLNA not supporting fast forward

Hi,

for me it seems that WD’s DLNA (latest firmware version) is not supporting fast forward. At least from my Samsung TV.

Can anyone help me on how to get this working?

thanks,

marc

Hello, what media server are you using? You can follow the link below to switch between the TwonkyMedia and WD’s DLNA Media Server to see if you get better results. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

Hi Ichigo,

I don’t want to switch to Twonky 5, as it doesn’t support streaming of MKV files to Samsung devices.

Do you have any other hint for me?

thanks,

marc

Hi again, have you verified if the problem happens with all of the video file extensions? If your TV supports it, you can also access the My Book live as a network share, instead of using the DLNA server. 

Hi Ichigo,

yes, happens with all movie file extensions :cry:

Even, I have a very new (2 month old) Samsung TV, it doesn’t support accessing a network share directly.

Please let me know if you have any other idea.

thanks,

marc

To rule out any compatibility problems, you can try playing the video from your PC to see if you experience the same problem, you can also check if you have the latest firmware update available for your TV. 

Hi,

I’ve tried with the ps3 media server running on my mac and there I can fast-forward. Firmware is up-to-date.

Thanks,

marc