WD my book live can not access

WD My Book Live

I can not access the files from the dashboard any more.  There used to be a folder at the bottom right hand corner,you could click and you could load and or delete files.   What has happened?  Help Please

Iceburg11

That folder was removed at some point.

You might try using QuickView. It is a lightweight install that will give you a little icon by your clock with a lot of good options for the drive.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=903&sid=188&lang=en

Thanks. I downloaded it.   I am running windows 7.   I now have icon that will get me to the drive.

It is asking for a user name and password.  I do not have a user name or password.  It denies me access

It is very frustrating.   I can get in with my desktop running XP but my laptop ( windows 7)  wants a user name and password. 

I tried using run \------- does not work on windows 7 Help please.

Iceburg11

This is what I type into the run  on XP  \Oak-hills-hd\public  This works on the XP computer 

Iceburg11.

Are there other network hard drives that are connected to the Windows 7 PC?

I have the same problem.  The drive is completely useable by all my network devices, including Windows 7 PCs, except one WIN7 PC.  I tried turning off Windows Firewall AND my anti-virus.  Still no access.

Sometimes it asks for User and password, which is not required on any other device.  But more often I get the error:

“\MYBOOKLIVE is not accessable.  You might not have permission . . . blah blah. Login failure: account currently disabled.”

Except there is no related “account” in this or any other device.

Scouring the Forum some real answers now.

Hallo,

I use Windows 7 and WD My Book Live and can connect shares to drive letters or open a share with “\MyBookLive\Public” in explorer or cmd. Sometimes there are troubles and then it help to do the following in a console window (cmd)

net use /del *

or first try to see which connections are established to MyBookLive with

net use

Sample

new connections will be stored.

Status       Lokal     Remote                    Netzwerk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK                     “\MyBookLive\Public”       Microsoft Windows Network

Then copy the remote share to the clip board and paste it to the next command

net use /del “\MyBookLive\Public”

or

net use /del \* ← there is an asterix

Then try again to access in windows explorer “\MyBookLive\Public” or other shares.

Next make shure that you have created an account in WD MyBookLive dashboard!! Then you can connect to shares by entering username and password from this account  (not the windows 7 account; but you can create the account in MyBookLive with the same username and password as used in windows; notice case sensitive in username: “Antony” is not the same like “antony”)

greetings

hfrsamba