WD MyBookLive 2TB - About FTP upload files - file date are not the same with PC side

Hi all,

Because my wifi is not very stable, I need to use FTP to upload files to MyBookLive 2TB.

Lots of files are images, I need them to have the same file date as original file date.

But after uploading to FTP, the file date will become TODAY, not the original file date.

Could anyone tell me how to keep the original file dates via FTP uploading?

If I use copy and paster from windows explorer, it’s OK for the file date.

Thanks a lot!!

Can’t be done. FTP doesn’t pass file attributes.

It’ s too bad, thanks for reply.

Currently, I am trying to use FastCopy to solve this issue…it seems OK right now…

Keep trying…

“my wifi is not very stable, I need to use FTP to upload files to MyBookLive 2TB”.

hmmm, so FTP is not going over your wifi connection? Did you omit some details?

Similar problem (not FTP): I loose the original creation date when copying in “WD My Cloud” (drag and drop from windows explorer into the “WD File explorer”).  

Is there anything I can do to make it keep its original date, - and not the date of copying?

Thanks in advance

Henrik

henriksm wrote:

Similar problem (not FTP): I loose the original creation date when copying in “WD My Cloud” (drag and drop from windows explorer into the “WD File explorer”).  

Well, of course that’s correct.   That’s the behavior Microsoft intends.  It’s not the My Cloud that’s doing it.

There are, apparently, some third-party tools (Robocopy, etc) that can be set to preserve the creation time.

Google is your friend in cases like this…