WD My Booklive not playing video files in LG DLNA TV

Hi , i bought a 2tb WD Book live yesterday . installed in the network successfully and update the firmware too. I can able to play mp3 songs and view photos thru my LG Plama TV - I am using Panasonic Bluray player to play DLNA files.

When the video files listed in TV i noticed that Time 0:00 rec time 0:00 how ever i can play these video files thru my iphone 4 thru wd2 go app.

can anyone please help me how to play video files in my TV ? Much appreciated for the help

are you sure the media server/tv supports the video file codecs?

There is a very similar thread on the Panasonic Blu Ray in this forum. Please post to that thread. This is likely the formats that the player supports, not necessarily the server.

Thanks for the replies , is there anyway I can play videos using dlna ?
Any one can help

yeah, just make sure that you have your video files in the acceptable dlna required file formats, and that all your devices are dlna compliant.

my player is  DMP BDT210 which is dlna compliant and my LG plasma TV is playing the .mp3 and photos thru dlana , only problem the videos . pls let me know i need to do anything (settings ) to play on my tv - any help much appreciated

well, to use dlna, you need to have a device or software (pc) that serves up the media.  it’s not like they just play on their own.  so, you would set the mbl to play through twonky (if it still uses twonky) or itunes, then you can look for the file you want and the media server will play it for you.  but like what was said, you need to make sure the files are in encoded in a format that the media server and the dlna device can stream.  for example, if I remember correctly, twonky won’t serve up iso files.  so you can’t use iso to play cd’s or movies.

Thanke Wayne , just one more question

I created an email account for  web access its an admin one (remote access) . however when i log in a differant computer to test this i can view the public shares, photsos , musicfile , movie files etc . but i cant view it ( i use a xp sp2 desktop to test , not sure because of this )

my understanding is that we can access/play or view/stream files if an admin account for web access anywhere on net right? or it should have specific hardware setups?

pls advise

Creative wrote:

Thanke Wayne , just one more question

I created an email account for  web access its an admin one (remote access) . however when i log in a differant computer to test this i can view the public shares, photsos , musicfile , movie files etc . but i cant view it ( i use a xp sp2 desktop to test , not sure because of this )

my understanding is that we can access/play or view/stream files if an admin account for web access anywhere on net right? or it should have specific hardware setups?

pls advise

what can’t you view?  the public folders?  a particular share folder?   also, I’m not sure that wd2go works very well on xp.  I’d probably call support and see if they can help you get it set up.