WD My Book Live 3TB & LG TV

Hi All,

I am new to the forum, please forgive me if I have placed this post in the wrong section.

I have been having issues connecting to My Book Live. Whenever I turn on my TV and go to the input list and click on My Book Live Twonky Server, all I see on my screen is a LOADING message with a spinning circle this stays for a few minutes then my folder is displayed, every folder I click I get the same LOADING message.

I basically have to force the TV off by holding the power button down for a few seconds, I have to go through this process a few times before I can go into my folders without the LOADING message being displayed.

Please can anyone help me on this problem, both TV and My Book Live have the latest firmware’s installed.

My TV setup specs:

LG 47LM640T-ZA

My Book Live 3TB

TP-Link 8 Port

LG Blu-ray player

Sony DVD player surround sound

LG TV, my book live, LG Blu-ray, Sony DVD + CCTV are all connected to the TP-Link, one input cable goes to my Virgin Media super hub.

Thank you,

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the drive and the router?

Hi Hamlet,
Thank you for your reply.

By resetting the drive, would you be meaning restore to factory settings delete everything on there?

Thank you.

Hello,

Resetting the drive will not delete your data.

Check page #125 of the user’s manual.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705058.pdf

1 Like

Hi Hamlet,

Many thanks for your info,

I reset the drive and router/modem, still no joy.

My book live still displays the LOADING icon with the spinning circle, which takes a long time to display my folders.

Not sure if this helps, but the light on the WD drive stays Blue during the loading process.

Thank you.

3TB is too big for the TV software. Try partitioning your disk in 500 GB partitions on your PC. Then connect to TV. It will then give you the option of formatting the partitions.

SubChav wrote:

3TB is too big for the TV software. Try partitioning your disk in 500 GB partitions on your PC. Then connect to TV. It will then give you the option of formatting the partitions.

Err, no.   This is a NAS – you can’t “partition” it.  Nor should there be any need – the TV is not aware of the size of a DLNA server.

To the OP:  You might consider using the WD DLNA server instead of Twonky…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735