WD My Book Live 3000 Error "You don't have permsison to access /UI/logon on the server..."

We have a WD 3000 NAS (10.150.128.103) on our data center network. We found we cannot reach its web ui from our antoher network (e.g. 173.105.121.86). The browser dispayed “Forbidden. You don’t have permsison to access /UI/logon on the server…”. Can any expert explain any possible cause of this issue? Thx. in advance.

It is not allowed to access the dashboard outside the MBL network.

Security I guess…

Dear Shabuboy,

That means that the MBL can only accessbile within the physical network (same IP range). it is not allowed being accessed from another corperate’s subnet interlinked by WAN?

BR,

Anthony

Dear Shabuboy,

One more question - may I know if there is anyway to grant the permission to allow the NAS being accessed from another network ID within the same company network?

BR,

Anthony

Does anybody have a solution for accessing the NAS from another subnet yet? I know there were solutions on previous firmwares, but none of them appear to be valid anymore as the file names that are referenced no longer exist. I hope that there is a solution as we should be able to choose whether or not we want true remote access.