Occasional Contributor
Hmoob18Xeem

WD LiveBook Issue

[ Edited ]

My WD Live crash once before and now it crash again, but I was able to recover all my data. The question is -

1. Should I format that harddrive and use it again or should I buy a new harddrive to work with?

2. If buy a new harddrive to work with, is there any special way to format it or is it a plug/play?

If you ask what happen to the HDD - It once crash on me and I was not able to see it online or access it. After I open up my livebook case and take out the HDD to format it; it works again. And today it's down again. I had it for over a year before it went bad and then after 6-7month; it went bad again.

Honored Contributor
nfodiz

Re: WD LiveBook Issue

[ Edited ]
If you have taken it out of the enclosure and formatted it, you would have deleted the Debian Linux OS and the drive would never boot again. I think you may have another hard drive other than the MyBookLive
Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Contributor
Hmoob18Xeem

Re: WD LiveBook Issue

Don't know, but I did do a full formatting on it and it's fine for 5-6month then happen again. Any suggestion at the moment?

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD